Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

No, Darragh was wearing pink boots to raise awareness for breast cancer…

Ah. Thanks mate.

Cough it up JP.

I’ve been thinking they should open the back of the Mackey stand up and have the turnstiles where the gate is now. Throw a bar in there while they are at it

did they not do this already?

They fired a load of domestos into the jacks and put up a few posters

4 Likes

They need to make the terraces steeper. I’d nearly say that’s the priority. I don’t care about covering the uncovered stand, it’s a grand spot to watch a match.

A total overhaul of the Mackey is probably unlikely but ideally you wouldn’t have pillars obstructing view and ideally it wouldn’t be the coldest spot on the planet.

1 Like

We should install some under pitch heating. Limerick hurl best in sweltering heat.

1 Like

Flare friendly zone is needed too.

3 Likes

the mackey stand should be razed to the ground

We demand heated seating in the mackey

has anyone ever explained the phenomenon of how, even on a sweltering day in June, the Mackey stand is like the old frozen aisles in the supermarkets

3 Likes

You’d want your head examined to be sitting in the Mackey stand in June.

It’s an awful cunt of a spot. I wouldn’t go to a match if I’d to sit in that stand. I always go in uncovered stand.

1 Like

Mackey stand is shocking. Not even that old. I think it was first opened in 1988.

Are them seats there since 1988?

That stand was creme de la creme back then I’d say

30 years is a long time. They should look to build a stand similar to the one in tullamore.

Intriguing that the main consideration in putting a roof on the North Stand is to offer “solar protection”. Sweltering heat indeed.

1 Like

I thought the residents at that side objected to any roof on the uncovered stand no?

No it used be concrete benches remember?

Classic cahardavin holding back the development of Gaa in the city while allowing Thomond Park to be built without any objection.

2 Likes