Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

I can’t figure it out at all. High ball after high ball to the ballygunner backs, very curious. Not to take away from BG, super performance, but Na P didn’t get up to the level they played their last three games at all. Tiredness wasn’t an issue before this game so I don’t see why it would be all of a sudden. Disappointing, but they owe us nothing, they’ll be back again next year.

1 Like

I don’t really think nap blew ballygunnar away in the opening 15 minute. It was an awful first half played at poor intensity levels. Possible nap had a false sense of security at half time. Ballygunnar were average in the first half and were still a point up. Nap should have been 5 or 6 up at half time.

1 Like

I think Na P were flat to be honest . An awful lot of hurling over last 24 months .

With hindsight there was no club in Lk good enough to really test Na P and C/R weren’t great & satisfied with their lot for the year .

They couldn’t match Ballygunner energy and hunger .

1 Like

In fairness think Kieran Kennedy was a big loss too. He does the basics back there very well.

Looking at it neutrally, the line were slow to make any changes. A few of the lads referenced it, the Ballyhea game stood to them whereas Clonoulty did nothing for Na Piarsaigh prep wise.

I thought the first half was an awful standard.

1 Like

David breens leadership was missed

Yes .

Bigtime. Arguably he could have drove them on after halftime if he was on the field.

Perhaps. King in the corner was probably an improvement to be honest. Grimes would be an improvement on king then at wing back, but he wasn’t ready unfortunately. But I don’t think there’s any point in looking at individuals, it was a collective dip really.

1 Like

I wouldn’t judge grimes on today. He’s a super player and will feature for limerick.

You could say the same about BG in Waterford

1 Like

World Champions!!!

4 Likes

Yes but Ballygunner looked fresher . Would have been interesting to see if a team in Lk really put it up to Na P could they have responded .

5 Likes

Kings of the World!

World Champions!

@dodgy_keeper

Is that you covering your boat race .

We can only rule out the one that’s with a woman.

1 Like

Has any team who’s won the Fenway Classic gone onto win the All Ireland the following year?

No

Has any team who lost the semi final of the Fenway Classic ever won a match ever?