Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

The boy is some swordsman. He was telling yarns to bate the band, a bauld fucker.

By the by lads, wait til yis hear the song. Off the chain.

Check out @LimerickCLG’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/LimerickCLG/status/1074429973996429312?s=09

2 Likes

Ructions over Caherdavin way I hear :thinking:

Go on, you might as well get it out of your system, whatever it is.

No friction over this?

It was known a week ago. He is a gent and has been treated poory here to say the least.

The rest of the management staying?

4 Likes

That’s a brilliant piece.

5 Likes

Superb.

There’s a programme on Radio 1 today at 4.10pm to further eulogise Limerick hurlers. I gather it’s a fairly random affair dealing mainly with the supporters views.
Expect contributions from the usual suspects with possibly @Smark leading off on behalf of TFK.

2 Likes

Very flat performance for most of today but the battle back in the second half was pleasing. Always entertaining games between these two teams.

1 Like

Condon got caught very badly for Horgan’s goal and was on the wrong side again for Lehane’s chance. Looked like they tried to isolate him as the last man. English was immense though and Finn was pretty good.

Young O’Brien didn’t look out of his depth but was probably the weakest of the line. I thought Byrnes was very good again.

DOD was immense but was one of the most guilty of the bad wides, covered a lot of ground. Lynch could have been sent off but was lively.

Hegarty another guilty of bad wides and a missed goal chance but got through a lot of work. Morrissey’s touch was definitely a bit off; Dowling missed a few frees (as did Horgan) but nailed some good scores from play.

Casey was class, deadly inside. Pat Simon a real danger with ball in hand but rushed a few shots. Flanagan was decent, scored a great point in the second half, and is a real handful for any back.

Kiely out.

1 Like

Looks like Limerick were badly missing Gillane today.
And Kiely knows his importance as well.

2 Likes

Dan Morrisey has turned into a crucial player at 7, he was a big loss today but you have to give the younger lads a chance too.

Thought Mick O’Brien played well in general play but was targeted in the air and was fairly cleaned out

Mikey O’Brien let nobody down and did well. Wouldn’t agree with @Aristotle at all on Pat Simon. O’Donoghue beat him on the first 4 balls that came their way and when he eventually won one he was turned over - a poor outing.

1 Like

Yeah I though pat Simon was poor