Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Barry Nash is Limerick’s answer to Colin Fennelly in that he’s as tough as nails, has the ability to take on his direct opponent and he knows where the posts are as well. Although he has occasionally lined out in half back line for South Liberties, I think he definitely plays his best hurling in the forwards. I wouldn’t be in favour of trying to convert a forward into a back. If the management team think they are short on cover in the half back line, Thomas Grimes should be called up to the panel. He was the unsung hero of the U21 All Ireland success in 2017, played very well for Mary I in the Fitzgibbon cup recently and he has also been a key player for Na Piarsaigh and will be for many years to come, and he certainly wouldn’t look out of place at senior inter-county level either.

+1 I don’t think Kiely will make a heap of changes together unless we are playing one of the Joe McDonagh type teams.

You’re right on Grimes. There is also lynch being left out there kicking his heels.

Ah sure, we might as well! Gavin O’Mahony should come out of retirement, and Paudie O’Brien should be recalled to panel. Mike Houlihan’s young fella is plenty good enough to be on the panel and Ciaran O’Connor and David Woulfe should be on the panel next year. I’ll be very surprised if their not.

2 Likes

True that.

They’re only club players Glas. The bar has been raised.

Not a certainty yet . Highly Probable but not certain and a Carlow at dr Cullen Park could give us a rattle on a given day .

Lynch is cup-tied with the fistballers now since being thrun on agin Leitrim the last day.

Waterford have Lk and Ce in Walsh Park . These will be great occasions .

There will be a mad rush for tickets once they are released… Be early and buy often

Lovely stuff.

Will probably head down the Saturday night and stay in the Granville. Few pints in Bad Bobs in Lisduggan or whatever it’s called now.

Should be a cracking atmosphere down there, June bank holiday weekend and all.

2 Likes

I’ll be heading down the Saturday to this as well.

Delighted for Waterford it’s only right but for travelling fans it will make Cusack park look like Croke park.

if they don’t schedule this for TV, there will be scenes at the gates. I hope they don’t have small walls

Now I’m regretting not getting my season ticket

These cunts will be up for a few scuffles on home turf @Fagan_ODowd and his mob will be looking to lay down a few markers around the City.

Wouldnt be surprised if no tickets go on general sale? None did for Mayo Kildare last summer.

Thankfully i’ve a ST this year and guess what…
herself due 2nd baby at the end of May :joy:…I am open to bribes…

I’ll rear the child for you.

1 Like

There’s only one place that ticket is going.