Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

He was never given a fair crack. A disgrace.

I’m not disagreeing with you just pointing that I don’t believe either player moved due to limerick. O meara is A very different case as he probably wants to get back into the senior squad he’s just been dropped from. I know James well and his brother Matt a little and I’d say neither would stop him. It’s fellas like Willie o meara that really struggle to develop now. He won’t be tested at junior level and has moved out of the underage system.

I’d say tj Ryan never really gave him a fair chance. He played a fair few league games under kiely. Limerick also won the all Ireland the same year so I’m not so sure you can blame kiely.

Move might not even be to improve his limerick chances, it could be just a case of wanting to play with a club that treat hurling a bit more seriously!!! Askeaton are predominantly football and that will not change!! He’s probably gone from hurling three nights a week at to maybe once every two weeks at a much lower standard

Limerick hurlers are training five nights a week between the gym and the pitch! As I said it’s very tough for him to develop now. Askeaton are doing a lot of underage work and results are promising.

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Heard a few stories about this one.

You are correct in that it’ll be hard for him to get back in now. However, the All County proposal will make the Junior Championship more high profile than it is when it’s divisional based. I’ve seen Willie held scoreless in the Junior Championship when played as a forward and I’ve seen him under plenty of pressure to hold his man as a back too, aswell as seeing him do wreck, so it’s not as if he’ll never get a good test, granted it won’t be every week he plays

1 Like

The hurling is on at 2 I believe. Maybe give Limerick vs London a miss…

Could they not do a double header? Would the pitch be that bad?

I’ve have thought that was the obvious solution

Jesus they are both home games set for Sunday but for two different venues?? What genius came up with that??

There’s camogie on after the hurling so they don’t want three matches on the pitch…

Do tell…

In Limerick it goes: Hurling > Camogie > Duck Racing > Football I believe.

1 Like

I dont see how it would have made any bit of difference. The only issue he has had with his career to date has been two ACL injuries at crucial times.

2 Likes

In classic GAA fashion I’ve seen throw in time for the hurling down for both 2pm and 2.30pm. Think it’s live on TG4 anyway.

If it’s the latter time you’d just about make both…

More hurling coaches and less snack boxes with stuffing

:smile: