Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

You made a major error with your last post.

The best part was that clown of the forum @carryharry liked it and didn’t even spot the obvious mistake you made

:joy:

i forgot the minor final is played in croke park .
just as well na piarsaigh is on the clare side isn`t it.

As I said the two of us might actually win something worth winning. Minors and u21s don’t matter a fuck in the grand scheme of things

Your low esteem issues have gotten the better of you this evening young lad, you made a big boo boo.

Have a good nights sleep and your mind will be clearer tomorrow.

:grinning:

You are entitled to your opinion.

Whoever is pretending to be @ProjectX can you let it go? It’s beyond fucking ridiculous at this stage.

3 Likes

He is doing me head in. No one could be that retarded.

4 Likes

The anti-Davy faction here will argue that’s when JOC was left to do his work and part of the reason he jumped ship afterwards, against that you’ve the continuing state of some of the Limerick backs.

Players beginning to walk…

Walking will work …but only as part of a calorie controlled diet.

4 Likes

Seanie Tobin has departed the Limerick hurling panel.

The Murroe-Boher forward has been part of the county senior hurling panel for the last five years but this season he failed to start any of the five Allianz League games and last Sunday he didn’t make the match-day 26.

Tobin informed management, players and Limerick GAA officials of his decision to opt out on Monday.

"This decision was not easy and was not one I wanted to make but I felt it was one I had to make for various reasons that have accumulated over time,” confirmed Tobin.

He added: "I have given everything to Limerick over the last number of years and it’s heartbreaking to walk away”.

“I worked closely with Joe O’Connor since September/October training at least five if not six times a week every week up until now, on my strength and conditioning and I was in the best shape of my career,” said Tobin.

“I am not retiring. I am going back training with my club on Wednesday evening and looking forward to getting going with them. I wish the players all the best for the year ahead, they deserve the utmost respect as people and as professionals and I hope to see them perform to the best of their ability in the coming year,” he said.

“I’ve spoken to a lot of the panel since my decision and they all understand that this is not something I would do lightly. I hope to wear the green and white with them lads again in the future.”

Although Tobin started championship games for Limerick last Summer under manager TJ Ryan, the elevation of U-21 forwards like Cian Lynch, Tom Morrissey and Barry Nash and with the imminent return of Na Piarsaigh forwards Shane Dowling and Kevin Downes, among others, as seen Tobin forced down the pecking order of attacking options.

Limerick now have to regroup for an league quarter final against Dublin and fortune didn’t favour the men in green with that game to take place in Parnell Park on Saturday April 2 at 7.00.

Last season Ger Cunningham’s Dublin ended Limerick’s league and championship campaigns.

With Limerick not involved in the Munster senior hurling championship until June 19, the senior hurling management will hope to extend the league into an April 17 semi final against Waterford or Wexford.

That must be fucking soul destroying. He’s better off away from that shite.

Noticeable the way he doesn’t thank tj.

Why would he thank a fella who hasn’t given him a start the entire year? Fuck that.

Best of luck to him,this is the start of another mess anyway.

Feel sorry for Tobin, given no chance this year and with the NAP lads coming back he probably saw the writing on the wall. Unfortunately we have too many small knacky forwards and absolutely no idea how to use them.

He looked worrying enough for the opposition when he was on the ball. Surely IC standard.
That’s a shame.

I don’t care what anyone says - the lad is one of the best 9 forwards in the county and was worth a place on the bench at least. Can’t blame him for walking away.

I think he came on against Dublin in Thurles last summer and helped us to almost salvage that particular game. Another player used and treated very poorly - a few minutes against Kerry to impress.

When committed lads like D Breen and Seanie are not making themselves available you know the writing is on the wall.

Man management is the most important trait in any set up and this is non existent in this group. Lads being told they’d be starting if others got injured, lads being told they wouldn’t be rushed back from injury - but promises and commitments repeatedly broken.

3 Likes

We were right @carryharry - big loss to Dublin and more to walk.

Limerick giving every one a laugh AGAIN!

1 Like

:joy:

Tobin .I will be back when TJ goes

:grinning: