Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

I donā€™t have time to be going back through 150 odd posts on this thread, I presumed you were talking about a Lynch that has actually played senior hurling before.

I donā€™t know mate, Iā€™m utterly disillusioned after what I witnessed in Ennis a couple of weeks ago.

Very sickening performance all round, but a win tomorrow night would bring a bit of needed hope.

Swap RL anf GOM dowling and cian l and thats how theyll start id say

Squads been trimmed tonight as well.

Those people were right about the team listen to them.

Will we bate the dubs ?

Yes

Iā€™d agree with you on RL and GOM but I would leave Cian Lynch at centre forward all day long rather than Dowling, has the pace to take on the defense down the middle. However mostly our centre-forwards under Teege have existed in kind of quasi-theoretical, ephemeral, drifting roles, so heā€™ll probably pop up every now and then near the sideline handpassing balls backwards over his head.

1 Like

If we do itā€™s only papering over the cracks mate.

Itā€™s going to be a short year unless the players can do it without a coherent management team or plan, which is near on impossible and depressing.

No the idiots on here donā€™t like it but Dublin are simply better than us. Player wise, management wise and in pretty must aspects. Limerick lads donā€™t like it but itā€™s true.

Players arenā€™t even coherent.

Cian Lynch is a midfielder by nature, and thatā€™s were he should be started.

Heā€™s a natural playmaker and not a natural forward. Himself and Paul Browne are who Iā€™d start midfield tomorrow, Heā€™s not going to play in the forwards anyway as he drifts deep as thatā€™s his natural game.

You could drop Jimbob back as well to mop up the dirty ball which a couple of years ago he was the best at in the country.

3 Likes

We wonā€™t see the best of Cain lynch until Peter casey is on the team.

1 Like

Youā€™re taking the piss I take it :smile:

Dublin are no great shakes anyway. Cunningham still trying to implement a very short game, disposing the bruisers and bringing in quick, nippy lads. None of them have really done it in the Championship to any great extent yet, although have looked dangerous in the league so far.

If they can isolate our backs in one-on-ones, they could well roast us but if we are playing a sweeper, youā€™d hope that we can shut out that space.

Of course a well-executed running game is designed to beat the sweeper but Dublin havenā€™t got it down yet, still playing very high-risk stuff and conceding lots of turnovers against teams who can pressurise them.

Are Limerick that team? I donā€™t know if our fitness and work rate are that level yet; if they arenā€™t, itā€™s inexcusable really.

3 Likes

Itā€™s ten weeks from championship. FUCK OFF.

If we were playing at 80% to this panels potential we would beat Dublin even this time of year in Parnell Pk handily enough imo.

No theyā€™ll be lethal together. Casey is incredible of finding space and thereā€™s nobody better to find players in space than Cian.

1 Like

Our aim this year was supposedly to win promotion.

Our fitness didnā€™t magically appear for the Championship last year.

Agreed mate, but along with Cian he needs to be played were he is most effective, either 10,12,13 or 15.

Niall Moran got it wrong playing him center forward on Monday.