Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

A great day to be alive…[quote=“TreatyStones, post:5894, topic:20931, full:true”]
Limerick hurlers win
Limerick FC win
Limerick camogie win
Munster lose…
[/quote]

A great determination and game plan from our fantastic hurlers and management this evening

1 Like

Hopefully the Limerick footballers oblige and lose tomorrow so we can finally push it out to the Atlantic.

1 Like

I’ve just booked the day after the All Ireland final off work

5 Likes

I’m booking the week off fuck that.[quote=“TreatyStones, post:5900, topic:20931, full:true”]
I’ve just booked the day after the All Ireland final off work
[/quote]

1 Like

Will need to book until Thursday off if you consider the homecoming, sessions and the parade through the city.

Plus there will be an odd day here and there when the cup comes to the schools and clubs

1 Like

I’m going back jogging in anticipation of multiple pitch invasions over the summer.

2 Likes

Will be good to get a look at Waterford before the Munster final.

1 Like

i’ll meet you in the Burlo around 12 on the Monday.

1 Like

Your wife will be delighted, you can mind the chisler while she celebrates.

11 Likes

Tonight’s been a savage tonic,

Kevin Downes went well at FF
Diarmuid Byrnes knocked over 3 savage points from play at 5 were he’s at his best
Ronan Lynch made his debut and scored a long range free and acquited himself well
Seanie O’Brien finally started and did well
Gearoid Hegarty came on if I’m not mistaken for his first competitive senior game and negated Liam Rushe
Wayne was ok at center back, don’t see another alternative at the moment, delighted to see him back.
Tom M went well after a disappointing display two weeks ago
Barry Nash was dangerous and Dowling hit most of his frees.

Most importantly it’s great to have another day out before championship. I hope we have a proper cut off Waterford now in 2 weeks time - not intentionally disrespecting Wexford there.

1 Like

Agreed on everything. Team was better picked. Sweeper suits our fullback line these days. It’s very early days management might have hyped up league but as per usual it’s all about championship.

How come Cian Lynch didn’t start? Can anyone answer me where Seanie O’Brien, Jim Bob and Morrissey played most of the game?

Flu. Yes yes and yes.

3 Likes

:grin:

According to the leader wr were “superb” ffs

1 Like

That was fucking great. Fuck the Dubs.

I’m still scarred by the Justin era league game in that ground. That’s helped there now this evening.

7 Likes

:ronnyroar: :ronnyroar: :ronnyroar:

Superb post by @TreatyStones - a fantastic sporting day. Cunts like Aisling Thompson and Jerry Flannery sickened is an added bonus.

The good news is I have a christening to attend on Saturday week so will probably be too hungover to go to the league semi final. I’ve been holding these lads back following them. Typical.

Dublin had no interest and were missing half their team. I’m not getting carried away - I’ve only booked the hotel in Dublin in September for one night.

Who played well chaps? Hegarty came on at centre forward wtf and disrupted Rushe?

Any match reports greatly accepted.

Byrnes was superb at 6, scorer amazing scores and supremely confident.

James Ryan was lucky to stay in the field for an incident right in front of me and the referee.

Wayne Mac seemed to get a swipe in the face from a Dublin hurley. The Dublin player got a yellow which probably should have been a red. Maybe the ref was evening things up.

Brian Gavin did a good job tonight by letting the game flow. A very enjoyable spectacle.

Bad form from the dub supporters to boo James Ryan. James won the day by setting up Downes goal :+1:

PS: Nicky Quaid is the best keeper in the country

1 Like

Delighted for Nicky quaid. An outstanding servent to Limerick hurling and comes from great stock.

3 Likes