Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

He was hardly with them was he?

Someone had to say itā€¦ Tho he must look gas holding a hurl for 80 mins on the sidelines at a rugby match.

Not a hope.

Teege is a lot of thingsā€¦ A quitter he is not.

Will he be pushed

ā€¦under a bus if I can get near him

1 Like

Fair disillusioned right up until yesterday eveningā€¦watched the game back and there were things the management can take from it

Tom Morrissey was decent definitely should start in the summer
Barry Nash was the only forward who caught a 50/50 ball - can take a score has serious hurling in him.
Dowling has to start FF, Hannon to center if he can get fit.
Cian Lynch needs to go further out the field he doesnā€™t play as a forward for the Well so he should be out around the 65 to roam and pick up the ball - thatā€™s where he is at his best as a playmakerā€¦I know he had a shocker the other day but criticising a young lad who was double marked like that isnā€™t fair.
Half back line needs massive surgery - Paudie has to go - be wished well and be dropped from the panel, Ronan Lynch had a shocker too but heā€™s only starting out and was always going to be off the pace against a top 1A team in Waterfordā€¦Gavin rarely has a poor championship but he needs to up it massively now for Kilmallock and in the challenge games - all 3 could be dropped from the team based on the 2-5/2-6 they gifted the Waterford forwards through losing possession or bouncing off Waterford players running at goals.

All 3 were absolutely shocking and culpable for desperate distribution to the forwards and protection of Richie behind them.

Whatever anyone says about Wayne Mac he needs to get fit asap and add a bit of brimestone and fire to that line as weā€™re far to soft thereā€¦Put Hegarty and Oā€™Connell back in there as well for a few challenge games and give Alan Dempsey a chance in midfield. Weā€™re going to go in against either Cork or Tipp as savage underdogs that;ll suit us and the sight of ever of those cunts should drive on the lads.

Weā€™ll still give Tipp a rattle in Thurles if we sort out the most important line on a hurling field.

Whatever happens I donā€™t want to see that money hungry cunt Daly next to near the job when TJ does move on.

Our main issue imo is the half back lineā€¦the falling off tackles and distribution to the forwards has to be improvedā€¦if weā€™re knocking lads over the touchline like Condon against Kelly in 13, Iā€™m going home happy but we didā€™nt see any passion even if it was the league the other day.

5 Likes

Is he too nice

SPOT FUCKIN ON.
I think the rest of you post is right too but this deserves special accommodation

2 Likes

Our main problem is weā€™ve no 3,6,11 and 14 going into championship. Again criticism of lynch simply his attitude/effort. You can play shit but trying 100 percent should be a given.

Lynch needs to be given proper instruction by the management team mate.give over the fancy flicks etc and be the playmarker that he is well capable of being.let him roam free between the two 45ā€™s as a 3rd midfielderā€¦he wonā€™t have 2 and often 3 lads on top of him out there.

He should also be instructed to be more greedy, back himself and aim to pick off 2/3 points from out the field in every game. Heā€™s well capable of that.

Richie will be fine at 3, as will Dowling at 14. I wouldā€™nt be too worried about 11ā€¦6 is a massive problem but so is one of 5 or 7 Byrnes aside imo.

Hard to argue with that.

Half backline has been an ongoing issue for years. Seen it again all this year so far. No stability in the line.

Dan Morrissey was given all the league at wing back. Yanked off at half time in Ennis and not seen since.
Wayne Mac was out of favour for months. Then gets brought on in Tullamore to steady the ship and impresses. Starts against Dublin and apparently does well but then dropped for the semi final.
Paudie Oā€™Brien barely got a sniff at the start of the campaign either, cameo in Tralee, thrown into the fire v Clare at half time and then ends up starting last weekend.

Thereā€™s just no logic or reason to these decisions. Making it up as they go along. Trundling along from one mediocre display to another.

Iā€™m not a fan of Daly at all but at this moment in time Iā€™d honestly take him as a stop gap appointment. And I hate myself for saying thatā€¦

He is a players man at least, always seems to generate a good squad spirit and heā€™d be somewhat professional in preparing the team. Heā€™d have some grasp of modern day tactics, even if weā€™d have the blight of sweeper after sweeperā€¦Of course heā€™s only involved at the moment for one reason and would be another lad not taking the job for the right reasonsā€¦ But looking at the current set up he couldnā€™t be any worse :disappointed_relieved:

Iā€™d disagree on that point about lynch. I was of that opinion before but the best hurling I seen of lynch was v Clare in championship last year. In the corner roasted his man and popped the ball over the bar. People seem to think heā€™s suited to a free role but he seems to let a lot of games drift past him. He didnā€™t hurl v nap in the county final and I thought for a player of his ability he wasnā€™t great for the 21s out around the middle of the field.

Daly has no loyalty to Limerick hurling other the coin mateā€¦he has done nothing of note with the minors for the last 2 years. Standards imo you could argue have slipped since he came in.

Iā€™m as frustrated as anyone with the current setup but that cunt would be a disasterā€¦we need Limerick people who would die for Limerick hurling to bring us forward not fucking frauds who fuck off to do media work 5 mins after a defeat because they couldnā€™t give a fuck about the result.

3 Likes

Tj and Dave Clarke would probably die for limerick hurling, but they are both losers. Limerick is full of losers and it will take a John allyen/Anthony Daly/ Davy fitz type to make limerick into winners. Kiely has become the saviour but we need to hold the horses on that one because you get one opportunity only to fuck it up.

1 Like

Browne wasnā€™t it who marked him in the first half was possibly the weakest corner back any forward would come up against in the Munster Championship.

Davy and co have copped on to that this year and have focused on that as a key area to strengthen in their team this year. Oā€™Brien and Flanagan were very impressive last Sunday in comparison against KK, Oā€™Brien in particular kept Richie Hogan very quiet.

Cian had a dream start came in under the radar that day some bit from minor but heā€™ll never get room like that again in the Munster Championship imo.

I still thinks itā€™s his best position at the moment. I havenā€™t seen him control games from deep or even play that well against any serious opposition. Def needs to be given a specific role.

A specific role, and direction.

100% agreed mateā€¦he is too talented to be let down by a substandard management team. The players, supporters and people that love hurling in Limerick deserve better then that.

I wouldnā€™t mind if we are bate when we leave it all out there on the pitchā€¦but since the KK semi in 14 we havenā€™t put more then 35 minutes of decent hurling together.

Thatā€™s a scandal.

It was an off form Domhnall Oā€™Donovan who was marking Lynch

1 Like

He had McInerney on him for a period of time also and skinned him for a few scores. Any one is off form when getting cleaned.