Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Think its west Limerick and Limerick city are in the u17 competition, limerick south/east havenā€™t teams in I donā€™t thinkā€¦still they should be someway competitive against Kerry at least

Didnā€™t we bring out a book last week about the glorious rise of Limerick GAA?

1 Like

The west have their own team in it.
Got hammered by Cork city.

Hurling is in a bad way in west Limerick.

West board should relent and let the junior A go to all-county.

1 Like

Whatā€™s their biggest issue is the west championship that much of a momey spinner?

Ya, it would have got great crowds up to 4 or 5 years ago.

I saw a share of the game. It was cork city -seandun -and they were miles ahead.

fucking joke.

West Junior Championship always get decent crowds

Itā€™s in a dire way. So many clubs struggling and the number of lads on county squads continues to be paltry. Think there was only two from the West on the minor match day squad versus Clare.

The politics in west Limerick GAA is off the chain. On even a different level to what goes on at county board level. The same stale old farts involved that were there when I was in primary school. They want the big gates from the Derby games in the west junior championship and the bottom line is all that concerns them.

Develop the games? Develop players? Get skilled coaches into schools? Improve facilities? Give clubs a dig out? Fuck that. A big gate from Tour v Kileedy and the like is more important. That and a junket in the Devon Inn once a year for the West GAA sports stars awards with the right amount of box ticking to appease everyone. Cunts.

2 Likes

What strong hurling clubs are in the West? Where does the line start, adare? Ballingarry?

Adare a mess underage at hurling. They have next to nothing coming true.

With all of JPā€™s money the cb should be sending coaches all over the county, especially west limerick, instead theyā€™re subsidising a clareman and a wannabe clareman, kinnerk seems to have much more of an affinity with clare but the limerick cb are paying him to have a name in there, where does he get the time to give to the academies if heā€™s away with clare all the time?

1 Like

Lads here are giving zero credit to the savage work already being done around the county by the GDAā€™s, they are in the schools every day and providing extra coaching to clubs who request it. How many of these neglected clubs have actually gone to county board and asked could they send them a GDA for a few hours a week for a month?

Clubs need to be proactive in this and not just expect the county board to send out coaches to them on a whim. My own club joined up with another local club and formed a hurling academy over the winter months. A local business gave some sponsorship towards it and Ger Downes ran it, with help on various nights from James Ryan and Paudie Butler.

Clubs need to want to be helped and not be expecting to get things handed to them on a plate.

5 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=277&v=tEWtg7-Lrsc

4.28 in. Unreal.

1 Like

This is true the point about Jps money is dead right though. A red cent shouldnā€™t go to anything outside the bord na og teams.

Mikey Grimes was unreal that day.

2 Likes

Just out and hit and god direct itā€¦ (Reporter) Ha! Thatā€™s the Limerick philosophy?..

1 Like

I broke the hurl that day with timper, vingince.