Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

RESULT: Kilmallock 2-20 Na Piarsaigh 3-13.

2 Likes

I owe you a pint :clap:

1 Like

The well losing by a point.

Enjoy the celebrations pal

Tricky one now for Na Piarasigh playing Doon next weekend.

Early days bud.

Exactly

Ahane 3-12 Murroe 1-14

Adare win by two.

1-20 to 2-15. Bit of a surprise.

Well done Kilmallock.

It would have been daylight robbery if they had not won. Missed at least five gilt edged goal chances in the second half alone. They should have been out of sight. Looked very fresh and hungry.

Credit to Na Piarsaigh, they were outplayed throughout and missing key players but they still were only a puck of the ball behind with a couple of minutes to go. They’ll still be there at the business end of proceedings in October.

Worryingly from a county point of view some of their county contingent made little or no impact tonight.

Enjoyable game of hurling that really came to life in the last twenty minutes. No sweepers, packed defences, negative tactics or any of the other modern day blights on the game.

Only raging I didn’t back Kilmallock at 15/8 as advised by @balbec !

3 Likes

The much maligned Ger Downes has Kilmallock hurling well.

Surprised the Well were bate, big result for Ahane.

1 Like

Another tip correct. Sometimes I feel I am operating on a different level here.

Downes was excellent. Mike Casey looked like he picked up a nasty injury. The rest of the inter county contingent for Na P were poor. Ronan Lynch did ok i suppose.

Graeme Mul was superb. Oisin O’Reilly very impressive too. They worked very well together. It was very obvious what Kilmallock’s ploy was…they drew the Na P full back line out past the 21 yard line and actively tried to create an overlap to get Mulcahy or O’Reilly through on goal. Ger Downes = tactical genius :eek:

Good displays from Mark O’Loughlin, Gavin O’Mahony, Paudie O’Brien too. Robbie Hanley put in a good shift aswell.

2 Likes

I heard John Fitzgibbon was absolutely outstanding for Adare yesterday.

Ah @Fagan_ODowd ye were only playing Limerick the best team

Here’s an interesting stat. That 3-23 Waterford scored against Limerick in the league semi final, Waterford have never scored more than that in a competitive game against a Munster county(Kerry included) in their history. They equalled that tally once before when they scored 9-5 against Kerry in 1937

2 Likes

Wrong thread Fagan

Also it’s the most we scored against one of the current 14 Liam McCarthy counties since we scored 7-18 against Leix in 1975.

1 Like

Reminds me of my first Munster final, 1982 and we scored 5-31, ye still would have lost by 7 points if ye posted that Laois score. :grinning:

Yeah that 5-31 did come into my mind alright. Ray Cummins feeling sorry for them handpassing over the bar.