Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

It’ll be a joke if Na P win it having lost two championship games but thems are the rules. Theyve to win every other game they play in Limerick this year now or they’re toast.

Pretty much every team knows they only have to win three group games to get through. Na Piarsaigh don’t need to peak now, they need to get going at the latter end of the Championship. And they will be there or thereabouts again, but they won’t coast to a title or anything- Kilmallock and Doon at least will cause them serious problems if they aren’t at the top of their game. No room for complacency or anything like that at the end of the Championship.

Still would be a massive shock if any of the other three beat them, even if nowhere near the top of their game.

Just shows the incredible strength in depth of Limerick club hurling that the reigning All-Ireland champions lose their first first two championship matches against sides who didn’t even reach the county final last year.

Was in balmy Bruff for Adare v Ahane. Dreadful match. Highlight was an announcement over the tannoy for someone to remove their car which was causing an obstruction. The linesman on duty realised it was his car reg that was called out and handed the keys to someone to move it for him. :smile:

Can’t bate good weather, hurling and pints.

4 Likes

I’m just surprised Kilmallock didn’t beat them by more. Imagine what Na P will do to them after they’ve trained properly for a few weeks @balbec.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Nap have backs to the wall now. Will they lose a few j1s to the summer? Ballybrown have won their first two as well so 3 wins might not be enough. Last year didn’t ballybrown only lose by a few points to nap or was that liberties? You could also have a situation where killmallock or doon could be already quailed and might drop points to knock nap out. Intriguing group.

Kilmallock never worry about what Na Piarsaigh do. We are cruising to the semis.

1 Like

NaP only won the AI 8 weeks ago… lave em off to fuck.

That’s a lovely post. You should have went to Na P v Doon though pal what were you thinking heading along to that other rubbish. I was at Adare v Ahane last year and my god it was turgid stuff.

They are a bunch of utter cunts. Everything that’s wrong with Limerick gaa is embodied by that lot. I’ll really enjoy seeing them knocked out in the group phase.

3 Likes

Semis would be a great result for ye

The Limerick Hurling Championship waits for no man.

2 Likes

Would you get a life. What have any of the NaP players done that is harming Limerick GAA?

Title #12 will be even better.

:smile:

They might lose one or two, but the other clubs that they have to play would surely be in more danger of being weakened by J1s, NaP have a serious panel in fairness.

Losing on purpose? I don’t know like, I guess it’s not impossible but it does seem unlikely. I’d find it hard to see NaP not qualifying if they got three wins. Ballybrown have started well but they haven’t played one of the big teams yet and I don’t see them beating NaP.

There’s a scalp in ballybrown. Doon and killmallock Could well be qualified by the time the final round comes around so they might be caught.

Ballybrown going well. Top of the group.

Hard to keep it going at the top level all the way to March and then pick it up again.

Ballyhale Shamrocks and Portumna are recent examples.

1 Like

Yea, seen this happen before in KK. You can’t depend on anybody else in two groups of six.

Are NP knocked out now?