Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Thereā€™d be a few involved at the lower levels would there?

Thereā€™s a couple of intermediate matches down for the following Tuesday which I presume is because of the footballers!

Two auld lads from Tipp sitting across from me on the train discussing the upcoming championship ā€œLike Limerick are always there or there abouts and they are clean uselessā€

:smile:

2 Likes

They sure have our number, the cunts.

1 Like

Clean/Clane useless is a bizarre expression that I use myself.

I hope you stuck in the cunts, and said as a Limerick man youā€™ve no fear of them?

Players in trouble with the law, players drinking, not happy with the coaches either, have looked to get one in particular shafted!!

1 Like

I think the matches on Tuesday are a fucking joke imo. Could they not just play them the following weekend?

Treacy and McCarthy will be hurling for St. Kieranā€™s anyway, Sean Flanagan with Feohanagh/Castlemahon, Peter Nash with Kildimo/Pallas, Brian Fanning with Pallasgreenā€¦ not sure about the Drom lads, or the NCW ones. Not any at senior level anyway.

No because county players can be pulled from the clubs 10 days before a championship game. So Tuesday is the last day club games can be played I think. Also most club games were happy to play with Tuesday because another week later and youā€™ll lose all J1s and leaving certs and it was agreed at the start there would be no championship game in June and july.

NCW would have Paul Hannon and Cian Sheehan, Drom Gareth Noonan. From what I know anyway!!

Still far from ideal to be playing a match two days after an intercounty Championship match.

Id imagine they thought the football was on the sat. Clubs arent being made play Tuesday. They had the option of refixing but it had to be played before the fourth round I believe.

@Julio_Geordio @TreatyStones were that Desmondā€™s team made up just askeaon/kilcornan and were they the last team to make both premier minor finals?

Yes and I donā€™t know.
Desmonds won a premier u21 football too around 2001 I think

Thanks.

There was possibly only one Kilcornan player on those minor teams.

Have ye joined up fully with them now? It would surely make more sense for them to go in with Kildimo/Pallas given most of there players are playing with them or else probably the most logical one was to join up with cappagh again.

Joined at Bord Na nOg level alright. Askeaton would be a logical enough place for Kilcornan players. Most would go to secondary school there and would have been more of an affinity between the clubs over the years. Thereā€™s probably more of Kilcornan bordering Askeaton / ballysteen than any other parish

I guess but askeaon/ballysteen wise numbers wise should be in good health. Cappagh will probably always be struggling.

Hard to prove that unless you had a video