Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Martin Kiely on radio 1 last evening - “Limerick could pick up 15 hurlers on the way to Thurles and they would have a go at Tipperary”

:grinning:

Isn’t that what you’re doing?

2 Likes

Yip, meeting at Supermacs on the Ennis Road , 10am the Sunday morning

1 Like

No. It did not work for Wexford

1 Like

Pity Wexford couldn’t find fifteen at the weekend

Superwhacks.

1 Like

I knew it. I just knew it. I knew you’d bring Wexford into it. Just leave it, guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BYfvLBs_9Y

1 Like

I’m all for abusing Limerick hurling’s ongoing addiction to self sabotage. But I won’t take it from the one county that has a less competent management setup than we do. I just won’t. :rage:

3 Likes

1 Like

If I can’t take pot shots at other counties during the periods when Wexford are shit then I won’t be taking any pot shots. Just let me have my pot shots, pal. Actually it’s fair enough that you respond with a pot shot about Wexford so let’s get on with the pot shots. Looking forward to three/four weeks of Limerick TFK members posting their preferred starting teams and rowing with each other about it.

1 Like

N.Quaid
T.Condon
R.English
S.Hickey
D.Byrnes
G.O’Mahoney
R.Lynch
P.Browne
P.Ryan
B.Nash
K.Downes
T.Morrissey
D.Hannon
S.Dowling
C.Lynch

Tactics: Hip & Whip

1 Like

Sounds fair to me as long as I can continue to have pot shots at my own county as well.

The worst thing about our impending annihilation by Tipp is that if Teege was any use we’d bate these useless Tipp cunts back to their mud walled cabins.

I can’t wait to Seamus Slippy trying to out catch bubbles, and Richie trying to catch Callinan while the Tipp half back line have as long as they need to pick the passes into them.

Paudie Maher will be halfway to an allstar by the end of the game without having marked a man. :cry:

Richie will ate Callanan without salt. Byrnes won’t fong the ball down on top Maher all day and he’ll be left standing there with his arm in the air wondering why the ball isn’t landing into it. Byrnes will also stride up the field and flatten him at some stage. Hickey will outscore Bubbles.

Tipp will collapse as usual under Limerick intensity.

Intensity beats hurling. Never fearing beats preparation. Whacking beats tactics. Hit and whip beats all. Limerick beat Tipp.

@Bandage will love this.

On what basis would you pick Hickey at corner back? He was bate red raw by bubbles last year. Do you hate the chap or something?

A fucking sad inditement of Teege that we’ve no options in the corner other than Condon, Hickey & English. Actually we haven’t a clue what the team will look like after 3 years of Teege.
The below are the only lads you can be 100% will start. With Hickey fucked in somewhere and probably Downes. McCarthy will likely play in spite of himself due to lack of options.
Browne and Quaid are the the only two lads on the team who you’d be confident of knowing where they’ll start. Anyone of the forwards could be picked anywhere. We’ve no idea who’ll be centre back and whoever it is will likely have shown themselves to be not a centre back (Gavin) or not yet ready (Byrnes). Or worse yet won’t even have played there this year.

1.Quaid
2.English
5.Byrnes
7. O’Mahony
8.Browne
12. C. Lynch
13. Morrissey
14. Hannon
15. Nash

The likely team will be

1.Quaid
2.English
3.McCarthy
4.O’Brien
5.Hickey
6.Byrnes
7.Gavin
8.Browne
9. P. Ryan/O’Donovan/Fitzgibbon
10. Downes
11. J. Ryan
12. Lynch
13. Morrissey
14. Hannon
15. Nash

He has a set against Dowling I think.

Dowling should have removed from the panel for his actions which were why he was dropped v Waterford. I’ve it on good authority Richie English will not be starting.

Only four lads on the panel who’ve had any meaningful gametime in the last aeon for Limerick. I’ve no qualms about which of those I’d omit. Your guesstimation above is far closer to what it’ll really be, unfortunately.

If so, Tipp by 14