Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

what did Dowling do?

I canā€™t see him making too many changes from the team that was clipped by Waherfurd sadly.
Hopefully Paudie Oā€™Brien is done after that match and Hegarty will hardly start half forward again.
Actually I left out Ronan Lynch heā€™ll probably start somewhere, maybe half forward instead of Jim Bob with Downes centre and Jim in contention for that last midfield spot.
Weā€™ll probably play a fucking sweeper I suppose :sob:

Smashed up Supermacs after they told him they were out of Chicken Breast sandwiches

1 Like

Ronan Lynch will likely be kept as sweeper Iā€™m told.

Well it has been working so well so far you wouldnā€™t like to see them messing with it

He wonā€™t be. Tj spent similar amounts of time dreaming up his sweeper system as he did binning it immediately after the Waterford game.

1 Like

Blessed are the flexible, they shall not get bent out of shape.

In Teege we Rust

1 Like

Iā€™m hearing of sub Saharan type conditions in the greater Thurles area that weekend.

Anything above 20 degrees and we have them. With all their gingers Tipp will be fucked in that heat.

Limerick never feared sun.

1 Like

Donā€™t burn yourselves out too early boys, we have 25 days for speculation before we don the green and head for Mordor.

Quaid, Brown, Byrnes, Hannon, Nash will surely start. After that they could come up with anything.
eg. knowing our head-the-balls they could put Hegarty in to mark Padraig Maher.
Hard not to see English play, allowing for Hickey being woejus, Richie being Richie and Condon put out to stud. But I guess Seanie Oā€™Brien could be in favour and then English loses to Hickey.
They could well pick Lynch again to play casual-sweeper and take the frees.

They did say that they hadnā€™t practiced it before and would expect the system to improve. It could hardly not improve in fairness. Weā€™d be better served with Gavin at 6 and Lynch as a regular wing back.

Jesus thatā€™s exactly like something they could do alright :fearful:

How in the name of God could you even contemplate not playing Richie English, Surely even Teege isnt that stupid. As for the rest who fucking knows at this stage. Teege if you are reading here are 10 observations.

1. Dont play a sweeper
  2. Padraic Maher doesnt actually like marking people. So give him someone to mark.Barry Nash preferably
  3. Dont bring a player 60 yards up the pitch to take frees it embarrassing
  4. Dont play Paudie O Brien
  5. Play Dowling, He is a good enough free taker if anything else
  6. Playing with aggression doesnt mean hoping off a few lads off the ball ala Cork, For an example of how to play with aggression watch the last 20 of Limerick vs Tipp in 2013
  7. Just because Richie did ok on Callanan 3 years ago does not mean he can handle him forevermore.
  8. James Barry at fullback for Tipp isnt hectic. So at least try and get some quick early ball into Hannon when he is one on one with Barry.
  9. Bubbles Murdered Hickey last year, dont let it happen again
  10. Explain the term ā€œover doing itā€ to Cian Lynch
6 Likes

11 Play forwards in the forwards.

2 Likes

I wonder how many points we could come up with!

Depends on whether we pick Dowling or Hegarty

Some genius (RIP) famously came up with 20 to Tom Ryan after 96. Surely we could hit the ton with over 3 weeks to go.
Top of the list

12 Teege, You were a great ould hurler back in the 90ā€™s. How did managing Kilworth to a Cork Intermediate (the third rung on the ladder) propel you to the front of the line for the Limerick Senior Hurlers Manager?

Playing a sweeper is not the limerick way

Have the footballers any chance this weekend?

Hate to say it but I think theyā€™ve priced it up all wrong. Clare are 1/2 with PP when Iā€™d have them at about 3/10.

Clare -2 is 10/11 which looks incredibly generous.

Saw the footballers v Tipp, Longford, Westmeath and Clare in the league. Very hard to be optimistic about having a decent summer run. Mind you I backed against the footballers twice last year and they mugged me off both times.

Work away and back Clare.

They have a chance but it is somewhere between 5/2 & 3/1. Corbett & Hegarty available would have been a big help but not to be.

I hear ye are going brill