Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Incorrect

Limerick will win tomorrow night handy

I donā€™t see how we win this one, sadly.

Even if Clare play shit, which is very possibly, I donā€™t know if we have enough up front with the way we play to dig deep and grind out a win like we did last year. We are playing worse this year and Clare have generally been a bit better.

I know we got thrashed by Tipp last year but at least at times we looked like we could put together something in attack in the Championship. This year we look choked, out of ideas.

Bar pulling a backs-to-the-wall fire and brimstone, each player leaving everything out on the pitch kind of performance (which hasnā€™t looked like happening), I donā€™t see us winning. Which is an awful pity as Clare are not great.

If they have a bit of ambition though, and try and hit us for goals, I think they could do serious damage. Indiscipline by their backs is probably one of our biggest hopes, Dowling should knock over the frees.

I canā€™t see us winning it either. But I canā€™t see Clare progressing much further

I donā€™t think Clare beat Waterford or Kilkenny. They might give Tipp a game, hard to tell where Tipp are at, the Munster final will tell us a lot.

I could definitely see Clare beating Galway though and they should be beating the likes of Cork or Wexford.

I hope to God we do beat them, maybe the players can find that level of work rate needed and that Clare play shit too.

I know where my money would be going at those prices. i fancy Clare but whether they could beat Limerick by 4 + points is a different matter altogether.

Limerick at 2/1 is certainly unjustified given Clare recent record. 6/4 or even 5/4 is a more accurate reflection. Clare tendency to try and protect a lead is our best option. Davy has shown he is ultimately afraid to cut loose. TJ has nothing to loose by cutting loose.
But TJ has a different battle. If they hurl for Limerick, we have a shot. Hurling for any other reason, you can write us off

Weā€™ve been sheer muck for two years solid. Bereft of vision, drive, leadership, ambition, organisation, spirit, hunger and an ounce of tactical acumen.

We beat Kerry by four points in the league this year.

There is absolutely no chance we will pull out a result. Donā€™t delude yourself otherwise. Itā€™s only another 70 minutes weā€™ll have to endure. Thatā€™s whatā€™s keeping me sane.

The biggest game Limerick hurling will play this week is the minor final on Sunday. Even in the extremely unlikely event we beat the banjo playing, slack jawed yokels itā€™s only delaying the inevitable.

1 Like

Iā€™d agree with this. There is absolutely nothing to suggest we can win this. People taking about TJ getting them ā€œup for itā€ are deluded. He couldnā€™t get them up enough to beat a pretty poor, 14 man TIpperary side. The bite is gone from our game. Half the dressing room donā€™t want him there, Iā€™d say a lot of them or of the same mindset as the majority of the support (i.e. lets just get this year over with).

1 Like

Thank fuck for the all u can eat Indian across from Bowes

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MunsterGAA/status/750445663813509120

The Clare lads have to get a bus to Limerick so they can get the ā€œSpecialā€ train to Thurles

2 Likes

Canā€™t stand TJ or Clarke or that lickspittle Flynn at this stage, and want to see every County Board cunt burnt at the stake.Defeat would see the back of management for good at least.

And then I see a picture of Davy and Donal Og. And imagine all these tin whistle playing fucking roasters with their wrangler jeans and gammy white trainers. The fucking cut of the cunts. And all I want is to destroy the bastards.

Come on to fuck Limerick.

3 Likes

Yeah I would call ye names but I respect Limericky men

Limerick by 5

Its clares turn to win thisā€¦even though being beaten by Clare and Tipp in the one year is the nightmare for any Limerick man it may not be the worse that could happen , bye bye TJ, new slate for next year and whatever else happens Clare after, Davy can point to progress and get another 3 years whereas defeat would surely see for himā€¦

Things must be quiet for Shtack on the club scene if heā€™s running to the papers for publicity. Iā€™d be expecting similar whines from Cregan and Tom Ryan in the coming days.

To answer your earlier question, yeah Iā€™ll head out to the Intermediate final tonight. Two evenly-matched teams, in that both have a good share of U21s and fringe players. I think Limerick will just nick it though - there was a fair bit of determination about them against Tipperary and they should have won by a lot more.

Heā€™s spot on all the same. Appreciate a report from the intermediate game.

ā€œColin McGrathā€ :rollseyes:

As unreliable as his post league final survey sounds, heā€™s right about the Clare team. Rather than being a new dawn for Davy, the Waterford game was a descent into madness that surpassed even the last two years.

At some point he has to realize that reality is not going to conform with the plans in his head, no matter how much he convinces himself that he is right.