Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

Thatā€™s a clamping

I hope the players leave with pride intact this evening. Been some great servants for us and Iā€™d hate for it to end embarrassingly for them.

Exactly. There are a lot of lads who know tonight is probably their last game. In all seriousness, they have been great servants to Limerick over the past 8 or 9 years and I hope they go out fighting tonight at least.

2 Likes

Is there anyone on the starting team over 30? Or even 29?

Itā€™s much too early to be talking about their last ever games. Just because the current management team canā€™t get the best out of them doesnā€™t mean they are done.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a fair point. A few of them have a few miles on the clock and might decide to call it a day.
I donā€™t think though the next manager will make any rash decisions. Heā€™ll leave it up to themselves

Condon, Richie Mac, James Ryan, Hickey, Gavin, Wayne Mac are all 29/30. Its not so much their age, its the fact that they have regressed so much in the past 2 years. Out of that group I can only see Gavin being kept on. Maybe Hickey if he cops the fuck on to himself and gets back to his hurling. James Ryan maybe for the fact that he is an unreal worker and when on form can be very useful.

Paudie Oā€™Brien, Paul Browne & Nicky Quaid (and Seanie Tobin) are all turning 27 this year. Iā€™d be keeping Browne, Quaid and bringing back Tobin.

Graeme Mulcahy is only turning 26 this year. Id be keeping him aswell.

The rest are only youngfellas.

Have they really regressed any more than the other members of the squad?

I could see a point for Hickey, who has gone from being an All-Star to a bit of a liability. The rest though, bar maybe Wayne, would still be in our strongest 30 hurlers if there was a decent manager in place.

We still donā€™t have anyone who has the combination of Jim-Bobā€™s engine and ability to win dirty ball. Now maybe Oā€™Donovan, Ryan, Dempsey, etc will push him out but he deserves a chance to fight for his place.

I wouldnā€™t keep Condon, Richie Mc, Gavin, Hickey, etc out of loyalty either but if they fight for their place and their form is deserving, I wouldnā€™t just discard them because of age. The team should be picked on form.

I wouldnā€™t be too patient with Hannon either. I know heā€™s only 23 but Iā€™d be fairly ruthless with him if the attitude doesnā€™t change

I woke up this morning with absolutely no intention of going to game but I called into a neighbour of mine so was a great friend of my grand father heā€™s in late 80s now and just as I was leaving he said id love to be heading today. It hit me like a wall. We will almost certainly get our day in the sunshine under this fiasco of a management but Iā€™ll be damned if itā€™s against Peter Pan and his band of lost boys. Come on Limerick!

3 Likes

I hope to fuck we give Cork a good rattle too, at the very least.

Hard to see us winning it, but if we can at least stop them getting goals and maybe hit them for them ourselves.

So you heading to the match?

1 Like

Weā€™re going to win.

What time is throw in for the football.

Ah here ā€¦fucks sake.

1 Like

A lot of traffic going into Thurles already. Could be a decent crowd today. Nearly all Cork Iā€™ve seen so far

The Limerick crowd wonā€™t turn up until the hurling.

Iā€™m not leaving till 4

Myself and bopper will be heading about that time also Mike. Coming from the Michelson side.

2 Likes

Honestly donā€™t know know what way to feel. A narrow defeat with a good performance and Iā€™ll be like a cunt. A narrow win after a chess match, Iā€™ll be like a cunt. A big win with a big performance, Iā€™ll be booking the red cow. A hammering, Iā€™ll be like a cunt, just because we got hammered.

Whoā€™s this is in co-commentary with Liam aherne ?
:joy: