Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

HANGING OFF HIS MAN THE FOOL:rage:

ye throw the ball 5 times

A lad who shows zero for his team mates in terms of movement.

seanie Tobin must have cried when he seen Kevin downes drive that ball 10 yards wide with all the time in the world. We are some shambles. Next you’d hope richie English will step up at 3,but we’re still short two fullbacks, two halfbacks, possibly one midfielder and fleet of forwards.

I would be hopeful Sean Finn, Colin Ryan, Barry O’Connell, Mike Casey and Andrew LTC can be in the mix up for the back line. I would hope with a proper run Alan Dempsey will come on, Browne looked shot of confidence but he will be okay. The forwards are a worry as Peter Casey and maybe Dempsey look the only one who can step up. The ball has to be in the court of Dowling, Downes and Hannon, do they want it or not. When you look at Maurice Shanhan who is bang average he girls up a storm compared to those three laDe. The first thing I would do is give Diarmuid Byrnes the captaincy.

2 Likes

ALTC won’t cut it in the backs. If one of Casey and Sean Finn make we will be blessed. Alan Dempsey shat himself yesterday. He’s 24 or 25 and has been in and around the panel for 5 years under Allen, tj and o Grady and hasn’t played a single championship or league of note. He isn’t up to it. Good hurler but lacks the physically or pace for midfield. Downes is utterly hopeless. Just a poor player. Hannon used correctly in a proper system will do fine. Dowling for all his off field antics has his uses but I’d be trying to mould ronan lynch into a hard working half forward and then you wouldn’t have to carry Dowling.

I was sat next to a rather large girl last night from South Limerick, Fucking hell she had more passion than at least 10 of the Limerick starters, the poor girl was shaking right throughout the game and never ever lost hope, I was pure delighted for her every time Limerick got a score but it was one of those things that I knew wouldn’t end well for her, at the final whistle she stood up and shouted ‘well done Limerick’, I hope she gets to see Limerick win an All Ireland in her lifetime,
If I was a single man I would have given her a ride to cheer her up,

11 Likes

If Downes put that over it was a two point game…instead they win a soft peno and it’s out to 4…we didn’t deserve to be within 10 of them but sport has nothing to do with what you deserve…Downes is done.

I think some context is required here… Clare are remarkable at systematic fouling of the man in possession, almost Tyrone-like. Always 2 lads in there, one holding, the other standing him up. It’s relentless. And that is a compliment. Kilkenny have been doing it for years. Not scoring from play against Clare these days doesn’t tell the full story.

The free count against them is where the detail is. Davy puts huge pressure on the referee to not give the free, and the ref won’t give all of them. The idea is don’t let them in for a goal, we’ll take our chances with the ref and force you to score from frees/out the field.

No real argument about the contribution from play though. Same could be said of a few others unfortunately.

2 Likes

I think Clare pretty shit at defending And no discipline. They gave away more stupid frees yesterday that kk have in 5 years.

Damian Dempsey has a better chance of making it than Alan Dempsey.

6 Likes

Byrnes gave a fucking exhibition in the second half. The best player on the field in the second half.

1 Like

Byrnes, Hegarty and Barry O’Connell will be our half back line for the next 10 years.

We need to build from there.

Was talking to a Clare friend who was at the game he said without him Limerick would have collapsed completely. Imagine a HB line with Both himself and Gleeson!

To be honest the last 15 minutes yesterday was probably the best we’ve put together all year. If the holy trinity on the sideline had copped on ( like everyone in the stands already had) to making Clare puck long, it could have been a lot tighter

1 Like

Fuck it, at least we’re put out of our misery now.

1 Like

There were a few of us in the Kinnane stand going absolutely mental with him alright

A right shower of fuckers the 3 of them and I mean that in a good way. A right bit of needle to them.

1 Like

Badly need some more of that.