Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Ah… That’s a bit of a shambles alright. Pat’s could end up being relegated over this, Oola will suffer a bit too.

no it says within 48 hours.

1 Like

I’d imagine pats will just refuse to play both weekends. They’ve already gotten there game for this coming weekend deferred until the 8th.

They are playing Ballysteen in round 4.

That’s fair enough. How about ye? Will O’Meara play?

I wonder what will happen with the hurling if we do win the All-Ireland final… Surely they’ll allow the players a weekend off to celebrate?

That is the interesting bit.

NaP, Oola & Pats are the senior clubs impacted.
St Pats game is pushed out to 8th August but oola & NaP are scheduled this weekend.

Only team impacted at inter is Castlemahon - also are pushed out to 8th August.

So St Pats & Castlemahon wont play rounds 3 & 4 while the other clubs will. Leaving a backlog to be cleared before playing round 5 which was on the schedule for the same weekend as the AI hurling final.

Hurling rounds will be pushed out if we beat Cork so will have a scramble to play group games, quarters & semis in September.

if we win the All Ireland there wont be a game played for the rest of the year and no one will be sober enough to give a fuck

2 Likes

Hail Hail

Hurling can be payed off as a darts tournament

Football can be played off as a game of rings

We could potentially have 13 matches to play between hurling and football with basically the same group of players from September on. And having to get finished in time for Munster Championship too.

Same on our side. And minor teams likely to make football & hurling county semi finals as well.

Yeah, our minor hurlers should be getting to the County stage too. Hard to know with the football but they’re 1 from 1 so far.

I imagine the congestion and short turnaround makes it unlikely that we will go all the way in both, maybe in either.

Ideally, I’d like to be playing as many football matches as possible over the next couple of weeks, as our footballers are at full-strength and I don’t think any of the teams we’re playing have any county hurlers either. Better than switching between codes from week to week and not preparing properly for either.

This condensed senior intercounty season is really of benefit to clubs… April made a world of difference…

1 Like

Funnily enough it worked for Limerick as we would be fucked without having played a couple of rounds of each back then

To be fair, the Limerick County Board did the best they could with the hand they were dealt.

Sadly the Limerick Premier Intermediate Championship probably has too many games to fit comfortably into the calendar. Great for club players when it actually goes ahead but tough to schedule.

Adding an extra knockout round to the Junior Football won’t help either.

I don’t know if there’s an easy solution really. I mean the League started in January, we got our couple of matches in April, Limerick have done well (and some people want to add an extra week to the season). What do you do as a scheduler? Play it by ear and hope for the best.

I think Clare haven’t played one round of their senior hurling championship yet. If they beat Galway it’ll have to be run off in jig time.

Would be most unfair on clubs like Pats or Oola to play football championship without their senior hurlers.

Yeah

We’re in a Hurling semi final and lads getting worried about a few poxy football games. You literally could not make it up.

2 Likes

That’s the way its gone these days.

1 Like

The hurling championship can be run off in 5 weekends now ( granted with no replays) . There will be congestion with the football too but it is manageable . That said , watch McGillicuddy’s law take effect and there be a plethora of draws .

Ye’ll be fit as fiddles after it.