Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

I forgot about Dan Minehan actually, he must be injured. He’s without question their best hurler. Adam Murrihy has been on Limerick underage hurling teams all the way up along so I would assume he’s on the Limerick minor hurling panel this year. Ciaran Barry will more than likely start in the full back line for the Limerick U20’s and the midfield player your thinking of is probably Cian Casey who was on the Limerick minor hurling panel last year and is underage again this year.

Is Murrihy only 17?

The u-20’s putting a good bit of work in over the last while I hear.

Would you have a possible team? No real expectation on them this year and a tough draw also.

He was on the Limerick U16 hurling panel last year.

For some reason I thought he was older. He’ll probably be there or thereabouts as a starter you’d think so.

Good to see Paul Beary back involved in the managerial set-up of an Inter-county hurling team. Jerome Boylan, Dan Minehan and Eoin O’Mahony are all injured at the moment. It will be interesting to see where they play Josh Considine. He was full back on the Ard Scoil Ris team that won the Harty cup last year but he’s played in the half-forward line for the Patrickswell U21’s and Mary I Freshers team this year. Also he played in the half-forward line for the Patrickswell seniors in the group stages of the CSHC last year but played in the full back line in the knockout stages against South Liberties and Doon. The starting 15 could be something along the lines of this:

1. Daithi Heffernan
  2. Ronan Connolly
  3. Conor Nicholas
  4. Ciaran Barry
  5. Mikey O’Brien
  6. Kevin Bonar
  7. Emmett Mcevoy
  8. Paudie Maher
  9. Michael O’Grady
  10. Josh Considine
  11. Brian O’Grady
  12. David Woulfe
  13. Jason Gillane
  14. Dylan O’Shea
  15. Paul O’Brien
    Conor Flahive, Ryan Tobin, Calvin Carroll, Rory Duff, Conor Hellewell, Bob Purcell, Danny O’Leary, Cormac Ryan, Eoin Sheehan, Jack Ryan and Liam Griffin are players that should all be part of the panel as well.
1 Like

I’d have Considine full-back every day of the week. Conor Nicholas is not really a full-back, much better out the field.

He’s out injured atm too.

Surely O’Brien will be centre-back too?

Upon reflection, I’ll make a few alterations. Considine to full-back, Nicholas to midfield instead of Paudie Maher, Mikey O’Brien to Centre-back with Kevin Bonar moving to wing-back and Eoin Sheehan to start in the half forward line.

1 Like

Cian Casey is a claughaun man isnt he.

Yes.

Another blow for them.

Oooooofffttt

Nasty stuff

Indeed. How dare he say what he thought.

I agree. Best left in the past

Sounds like one of the Director of Hurling’s initiatives :thinking:

Na Piarsaigh beat Mungret in the other U-21 quarter-final.

Patrickswell, Doon, NaP & Ahane in the semis.

EDIT:

Wednesday 20th March
Patrickswell​​ v Na Piarsaigh​​ in Gaelic Grounds ​7.30pm
Doon​​​ v Ahane​​​ in Kilbreedy ​​7.30pm

1 Like

Doon 14pts to 7 up at ht in the U21 semi.

NaP up 2-9 to 8 against the Well.

Josh Considine off injured, huge blow for the Well, head and shoulders the best player on the pitch till he went off.

But NaP seem better set up, getting more out of their forwards.

1 Like

Another Doon-NAP final

If there’s a teamsheet of the two teams fire up a picture