Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

A pretend farmer maybe.

It certainly appears that way, we need to set up a thread to log where it’s creatively shoehorned

It will be especially used when it’s clear we’re dealing with bitter Cork or Galway lads.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Aristotle Predictions Round 5:

Two games in Senior which are pretty much dead rubbers which is a pity, very hard to know how interested various teams will be when it really doesn’t matter- win, lose or draw. I suppose you’d have to go for the two teams who are unbeaten to date, they’ll want to continue their winning form. All 4 of those teams (NaP, Kilmallock, Doon, Well) have their second teams still competing in Championship so won’t be burning players willy-nilly, you will see strong sides on display.

The big game at Senior A is Adare vs Ballybrown. Loser goes down, and a draw will send Ballybrown down. After being hammered by the Well the first day, Adare have recovered some dignity. Ballybrown kept pace with Doon for long periods the last day but couldn’t get over the line. Adare would just look to have that extra bit in attack.

No dead rubbers in the Senior B group, which has been very competitive all year. All matches throw-in at 1 on Sunday. After very good wins last week, South Liberties & Murroe/Boher are in the driving seat to make the knockouts and they now play the bottom 2, Cappamore & Knockainey respectively. As South Liberties beat Ahane on the first weekend, they will be promoted if both sides win. Cappamore will be absolutely desperate for a win to avoid relegation, Knockainey will feel like they have done enough again with last week’s win over Cappamore, some result in fairness. Monaleen & Ahane play each other; if either Liberties or Murroe/Boher were to slip up, the winner of this game could get through. I’m going to tip Monaleen by a couple.

In PIHC, we play Bruree tomorrow. Every team has lost at least one, and drawn at least one, Bruree are the only team not to win a game but have been very unlucky in the last couple of games. Garryspillane play Feohanagh tomorrow; Seamus Flanagan is a huge loss for the West side and the Bouncers are motoring well now, I’d expect them to get the win. On Sunday, Mungret play Blackrock. They had started very well, but have now a loss & a draw in their last two but should have too much for Blackrock. Pallasgreen will put it up to Bruff but again, Bruff have that firepower in attack even without Paul Browne. You’d imagine wet & windy conditions would suit Pallasgreen more though; if it turns into a battle, Pallasgreen could definitely get something.

Dromin/Athlacca and Croom are both through in the first Intermediate group, they now play each other in the last match. I expect D/A to win handy enough tbh. St. Pats can go through if they beat bottom side Hospital/Herbertstown, which I would expect them to do. After Gearoid Hegarty’s Tour de France against Croom, it’ll be interesting to see what damage he can do against the weakest side. If they make the knockouts in their first season at the grade, would be a fine season. Knockaderry can go through if Pats slip up, be a good West battle against Drom/Broadford, hard to call. Might just go for @Copper_pipe’s boys.

In the other group, Glenroe beat NCW last night and topped the group. Granagh/Ballingarry & Effin are also through already, so it’s really down to the team who go to the relegation play-offs. Na Piarsaigh play Claughaun/Old Christians for that. If Claughaun/Old Christians win, 3 teams will be on 3 points and it will go to score difference of which C/OC currently have the worst. Were they to win by 6 points, they’d go 1 ahead of both NaP & NCW. I think they will win, but I don’t know if they’ll win by enough. I think G/B might just edge Effin in the other one.

Senior A- Adare, Na Piarsaigh, Kilmallock
Senior B- South Liberties, Murroe/Boher, Monaleen
Premier Intermediate- Garryspillane, Mungret, Bruff
Intermediate- Dromin/Athlacca, St. Pats, Drom/Broadford, Granagh/Ballingarry, Claughaun/Old Christians

5 Likes

That was some 5 minutes of reading!!!

Aris

Is the Kildimo game this evening ???

Another thing about fucking apes like your good self. Like practically all of his staff and a considerable number of his hangers-on, they are retired members of the force. UL is the same, you can’t get in there now for exam invigilation, security or handy numbers like that because of the amount of retired Gardaí clogging the place up. A friend of mine is a driving license tester and he said that anyone that has been taken on in recent years are retired Gardaí and everyone else is being pushed out of the place. The caddies in the new golfing course at the Lords Manor have a considerable number of both retired and serving members working there. So, in a way, I agree with you. They are careful with their money but they will only allow it to benefit the souptakers and their ilk. The reason he won’t write an open cheque is because it will make it easier to pull out of the arrangement in the future.

Good day Sir.

In Feenagh at 5.

1 Like

Ye should win if ye are willing to battle them .

You can take the child out of the Big House, but it’s great to see that you still know your place.

How’s the U13 going lads?

1 Like

I’d say Hayes will move centre back next year anyway.

Stop everything:

2 Likes

Go on…

Great to see it won on the field of play. I’d say the NAP social media will be hopping for the day.

1 Like

You were glad of the pamper last night pampers when you shat yourself.

Woodlands House Hotel Junior A Hurling Championship Quarter Final
Full Time
kilmallock: 0-7(7)
Tournafulla: 2-14(20)

A hiding

Half time you little bollix!

1 Like