Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Claughaun/Old Christians

What’d they be like then?

We were missing Derry tonight

They’re not bad at all, although obviously got a bit of a beating today which I was surprised at.

They have a few very decent players who I’d say are better than ye’re best players- Howard, Blackhall, Byrnes, Hannon. But they really rely on those fellas and are carrying some very average players too.

I’d fancy them tbqh. Shocked Pats lost though, they must have been missing players surely?

Line up for Nick Greene Sportsgrounds Limerick IHC Knock out.
Glenroe and Dromin-Athlacca in semi-finals

Quarter Finals
Croom v Effin
Granagh-Ballingarry v Knockaderry

Relegation Play Off
Drom-Broadford v Claughaun Old Christians

G/B v Knockaderry in a full blooded west derby will be off the charts. Skin, hair and ash flying.

2 Likes

Are lucey and o Riordan still playing with croom, Ye? Have they anything coming through?

Yes and no.

1 Like

Line up for Limerick IFC Knock out
Pallasgreen and Rathkeale in semi-finals

Quarter Finals
Mungret St Paul’s v Gerald Griffins
Galbally v Glin

Relegation Play Off
Bruff v Castlemahon

We beat Bruree today… we were missing our freetaker through injury but they got a red card halfway through the first half and it was always going to be difficult for them after that.

Kyler got 1-3 from play, easily his highest ever tally in club Championship for us. Another serious performance from him, he’s just getting better & better. Barry O’Connell got 1-1 and set up another goal for Cian Hayes. Darren only got the 2 points today, but we can’t expect him to score 2-4 every week I suppose :joy: All our starting forwards scored from play actually.

Adrian Garvey, now playing in his 25th Championship season, got 2 points from play off the bench too.

Means that having played 5 games each- ourselves, Garryspillane, Mungret & Bruff are all level on 7 points.

1 Like

25 years, ‘kin ‘ell. That’s some record. Should get the GAA equivalent of a testimonial for that.

Mind you we’d two players who played the full game tonight who also started in our junior county final success v Newcastlewest exactly twenty years ago too!

1 Like

Why is cup going to Granagh ballinagarry? Did they have someone on Limerick team?

That’s an awful thing to say.

He’s still got serious pace & energy too; some going.

Who are yere 2? Dodge & Clancy?

Correct. And both still as good as ever.

1 Like

Always thought Clancy was a class act too.

1 Like

GB v Ahalin is a real derby

1 Like

After the final round of games at intermiadte level it is apparent that the poorest teams in both groups now face off against eachother in a 60 minute do or die battle. Will it be drom Broadford back to junior a hurling and back to the wasteland or will claughaun old Christians prevail. If you ask me both teams should go down. On a side note Drom are unlucky to be in the situation they are in but only have themselves to blame. In my opinion you could never have written off Hospital Herberstown against St pats… There seems to be something in the water back there as both Knockainey and Hospital Herberstown seem to have a nack of winning do or die games.

Young man; the notion that some club hovering around the basement of the second tier of intermediate hurling going back to a “wasteland “ shows your lack of knowledge of the glitz and box office that is west limerick junior hurling .

3 Likes

My thoughts on next years championship structure is we’ve got the short end of the straw. We’ll be playing cork in our opening game while they’ll have a game under their belt. Which is a huge advantage. We’ll also have to play three weeks on the trot too. I think waterford got our set of fixtures this season. Extremly tough. As dominant as our all Ireland win was if it wasn’t for kylers last minute equalizer v cork we’d have had to go to Ennis for the win to get out of Munster this year.

Back with his tail tucked up tightly between his legs :smile:

1 Like

I thought they’ve put in a break so as teams don’t have 3 weeks on the trot?