Limerick Hurling Book and Wexford's unsporting Hurlers

Well if you’re gonna pull us up on grammar TT* then it’s only fair…

Ah no - I wouldn’t begrudge Ye really - I wouldn’t even say Liam’s one All Ireland medal is tainted.

Mother of sweet jesus, not this shite again? The longest recorded whinge in sporting history. If ye Limerick lads put as much time and effort into training as ye do whinging, you might have won something by now (I see TippTops is jumping on the bandwagon now as well, not much going on the home of hurling in September obviously).

Everyone elses fault but you’re own.

At least in Wexford we have the good grace to openly admit we’re shite. Or at least we have done since 1996, when we committed the abonimable crime of winning an All Ireland.

13 years, and they’re still banging on about it. Bunch of fucking ould women.

Ah lovely-they’ll never forget the Dunner.

Steve McDunwhat, Gary Whatcyacallhim and Ciaran Quarey will never be the legend this man is.

Ah boy Dunne :smiley:

[quote=“Fitzy”]Mother of sweet jesus, not this shite again? The longest recorded whinge in sporting history. If ye Limerick lads put as much time and effort into training as ye do whinging, you might have won something by now (I see TippTops is jumping on the bandwagon now as well, not much going on the home of hurling in September obviously).

Everyone elses fault but you’re own.

At least in Wexford we have the good grace to openly admit we’re shite. Or at least we have done since 1996, when we committed the abonimable crime of winning an All Ireland.

13 years, and they’re still banging on about it. Bunch of fucking ould women.[/quote]

There’s no whinging in the book. Facts are stated. The Wexford lads have zero class. If you’re happy about that, fair enough.

Facts that came from the Limerick players?
We’re supposed to believe them shower of whingers. :rolleyes:

They may have zero class, but they have medals to show for it. As I’m sure you Limerick lads realise, the good guys don’t always win.

So you’re admitting that Wexford’s '96 “heroes” are a bunch of graceless cunts?
Limerick won the league the following year, don’t forget. We also dethroned the All-Ireland champions in 1996 and won Munster. Hardly a case of having no medals or not winning.

[quote=“Thrawneen”]
Limerick won the league the following year, don’t forget. [/quote]

:D:D:D

Did he really post that? I’m only in the door, perhaps I’m hallucinating after a rough Saturday night!

[quote=“Thrawneen”]So you’re admitting that Wexford’s '96 “heroes” are a bunch of graceless cunts?
Limerick won the league the following year, don’t forget. We also dethroned the All-Ireland champions in 1996 and won Munster. Hardly a case of having no medals or not winning.[/quote]

I hope you were pissed when you posted that

Seeing Stephen Nolan swaggering down Harcourt Street had me wound up.

Understandable alright

Posted by TAN97 on afr.

fair play to slr. a hard man in the real sense of the word.
the garryspillane photo was priceless.
incidentally with regard to tj ryans absense from the book a couple of facts that may or may not explain that for the uninititated.
tony considine was in charge of garryspillane when they won their only county championship ever a few years ago. there were i believe 29 players on the panel but mr considine saw fit to decree that only the 24 players named for the final would be allowed enter the pre match photo. while i have no objection to him making this ruling in the build up to the game to ensure complete focus on training the fact that the gobsh1te went through with it on the day considering the five left out did the training as well was simply wrong.
anyway henry martin togged out and ran out and stood in to the photo which then appeared in the papers.
this cause a huge furore in the club with opinions of all types emerging.

that would surely be enough hullaballoo for any one club you would think but no on it went.
for the first round of the munster club championship the county final photo was used but lo and behold only 24 faces appeared in the picture. yes you guessed it henry was photoshopped out of the picture.

what has all this to do with tj ryan?. well who am i to say but i can tell you two things that i am pretty sure of.
1 tj ryan was the key player on the garryspillane team and i am pretty sure he was the captain.
2 tj ryan worked at that time (and possibly still does) for a printing company in limerick who were the printers of the program for that munster club match.

i am making no statement as to what happened or anyhting like that i am just saying what i believe to be the case. if slr feels the need to correct any of this then he is free to do so.

in relation to the negative contributors on here it might be instructive for newer contributors if someone more computor literate than i was to pull up the topics regarding man in the middle so lads could nmake their own minds up what the agenda of the likes of maguires field is .

incidentally the claim that martin kiely tells it as it is is a complete crock of sh1te. after last years under 21 debacle himself and brian carthy (who kiely was of course feeding him in fairness) attempted to claim that the incidents were coming from a long way out and that the refs decision was only part of the issue. he tried to make out that there was a tense and ominous atmosphere even before the game.
that was patently untrue as any tipp fan who was at it could testify to. clearly mr kiely had an agenda to shift the blame for the debacle away from the limerick officials.

county board men all over the country will be shifting in their seats over this one. if the response is very positive then ollie byrnes or christy o connor could be on the back roads of clare over the next few months with their tape recorder.
as an aside a contirbutor formerly of these parts was behind a few clonlara lads at a match over the weekend who were claiming that a good few contributors had their coats on and were waiting by the door to run for the hills if the shelling gets too heavy

He doesn’t drink.

Kev, there’s no need for specifics, just let it go

I was just saying its from eating and not drinking that he’s heavier now. I think he’s proud of not drinking, so its a little unfair to say it. No big deal.

i knew there was a reason that slr was the last man standing over in cahills place, it clearly wasnt for the chat.

seems to be getting rave reviews alright but i wont be buying a book on the failure of Limerick hurling, i might wait till i pick it up from someone who has finished it.

The Wexford '96 team - a classier bunch of lads you couldn’t meet. And never whinged about anything.

Of course, they didn’t win a league title, so their careers are obviously incomplete.

[quote=“Fitzy”]The Wexford '96 team - a classier bunch of lads you couldn’t meet. And never whinged about anything.
[/quote]

You must have missed the Liam Dunne book thread there fitzy, do a search for it.

[quote=“Fitzy”]The Wexford '96 team - a classier bunch of lads you couldn’t meet. And never whinged about anything.

Of course, they didn’t win a league title, so their careers are obviously incomplete.[/quote]

Liam Dunnes wife would have other ideas.