Limerick v Cork, tits done now

I’d like to inform the forum that I’m officially putting my support behind Limerick for the final. I’m all for limited heartbreak now

1 Like

Back ye go. Bloodied and fucking bandaged

13 Likes

This weekend has provided three of the best hooking/blocking interceptions ever.

Colm Galvin on Jason Flynn? at 71:25 yesterday.
David Burke on Ian Galvin with the last play of normal time in the same game.

But Nicky Quaid’s block at one point down when a Cork player I can’t remember the identity of (O’Flynn?) was about to pull the trigger and kill the game with Cork one point up late in normal time today was the best of the lot.

A monumental moment.

Traditionally, no team is as good to pull down a lead on points alone as Limerick. That was from the same place as the Clare game in 1996, the 1996 Munster final comback against Tipperary, and the 2007 second game against Tipperary when they got seven points in row to bring it to extra-time. I think the 1992 League final was an exclusively points comeback too.

5 Likes

Patronise us now ye cunts!!!

6 Likes

Harnedy

Cunt.

1 Like

Congrat bro, that block from Harnedy at the death was pure guts and character

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

We knew. You’ll win fuck all with Dowling starting

Well done Limerick

A shameful number of Cork fans left after Limericks goal, didn’t have decency to show their appreciation of their team.

Dowling is the best closing pitcher in the game. He’s Fellaini with actual skill.

3 Likes

Our S & C won that for us.

That and balls of fucking steel.

3 Likes

You know your Limerick hurling Sid fair play👏

Quite possibly, Geoff. I’ve read the match comments in one fell swoop and was bemused by the criticism of Paud. I thought he handled the game expertly.

Congratulations to Limerick on an outstanding victory.

1 Like

Thats my first time seeing limerick since 2014 in the flesh. A lot of it in the dows case. They are so well coached, puck outs to lads sprinting into space, great low ball right at their forwards feet. The opposite of our shite. We won’t beat them. Clares indian sign over them might hold though.

1 Like

I don’t know who’ll get the MOTM but the contribution of Graeme Mulcahy should and ought be remembered and appreciated by Limerick supporters. With the ship holed below the bow and listing badly he rattled over 3 steadying points to re-energise his teammates and the rest as they say is history. A true warrior.

15 Likes

As it happens lads there are no nicer crowd than the Cork crowd, win or lose. A lovely bunch of lads and we will see ye again next June.

The Dow. Wow.

5 Likes

A statue to him no doubt will be commissioned shortly. Expect BAM or Sick to tender for it. A big task.

2 Likes

Pat Simon was brilliant.

2 Likes