Limerick v Cork, tits done now

If Casey starts then you drop Mulcahy which I wouldn’t agree with at all.

Take Flanagan or Gillane out of that FF line and you completely change the dynamic physically.

2 Likes

we’ve all stars on the bench kid.

Fuck sakes.

captainobvious

what’s wrong with you now?

This is a worry certainly. Cork are fast and zip the ball around. Fitzgibbon, Lehane and Harnedy have serious pace… In saying that Limerick were full of mistakes Sunday and were far from their best - they hadn’t a game in nearly a month and kk maybe be slow but they were as physical as ever and very sharp getting the ball off in tight spaces, particularly hand passes. What actually undid us a few times against Cork previously was long balls coming in on our defence and we’ve dealt with them relatively well since.

Anyway, I’d imagine we will be congested enough to not give Cork too much space.

Corks open game also suits Cian Lynch . Clare swarmed him in twos and threes and he couldn’t get into it. KK not as much but he still didn’t have a lot of room to operate. He will have it against Cork and he will do serious damage.

I think LK match up incredibly well against Cork tbf. But, if Lehane has himself a day then all bets are off as I can’t see any of the HB line handling him.
The fact Lehane has been below par all season is a major worry for Cork & LK.
Harnedy obviously won’t be as quiet either which needs to be mentioned, I’d fear Mike Casey doesn’t have the experience to Marshal either Harnedy or Horgan on form.

Agree harry. That’s what happened v Clare.

Couldn’t drop Flanagan for Casey. It’s two from Mulcahy, Gillane, Casey for the corners and Flanagan or Dowling at full forward is the options. To be honest I’d be ok with any combination of that, we’ve never had genuine forward options like this before.

It’s a fair argument to start Casey if he is at his peak again but I think Mulcahy has been exceptionally good this year. He’s taken his chances well & his head up Hurling as seen him create lots of scores/chances too.

Casey off the bench will be a massive play for Kiely.

Any of the Cork lads getting a look in here at all?

No it isn’t :man_facepalming: :laughing:

Disagree, I’d be keeping Gillane closer to the edge of the square going forward. He is a major physical presence and not too many can handle him.
Flanagan seems happiest moving from side to side coming onto loose ball. ( his similarities to a young Callanan are huge in that respect )

1 Like

Gillane is very good in the air too, the two goal chances he worked for himself (kicked efforted in the first half, the one Murphy tipped over in the second) arose from him making catches he had no right to win.

1 Like

I can see him causing Cork huge issues on the edge of the square. Galway would be a different matter in saying all of the above.

Yes it is we were playing with two full forwards and one corner forward and it didn’t work. If we go with Gillane, Casey and mul we’ll be playing with three corner forwards and it won’t work either. Team selection is an art and not a science. You need to get the balance right.

1 Like

If you honestly put the performance v Clare down to the full forward line you are a bigger fool than I
already think you are. You actually know a bit about so I don’t think you actually believe that, it just suits your bias to say it, and doesn’t suit you to acknowledge where the biggest problems were. Run along now.

1 Like

where did I say that? I agreed with Harry’s point about the balance of our fullforward line. Flanagan and Dowling did not work. Everybody knows this. John kiely the manager also agreed as the Dow was dropped and Flanagan was reinstated.

the only day Cahalane wasn’t destroyed this year was against Waterford. He kept Devine to a score I think. Every other day he has been cleaned.

Flanagan was never dropped. Gillane was reinstated