Limerick v Cork, tits done now

I commented the same. Mul and Murphy ended up below me near the sideline after about an hour and you could tell from Murphy that he was absolutely fucked tired. Mul was bouncing like an energiser bunny around him and Murphy tried about 4 times to rise the ball, even though it was out of play

Like Hannonā€™s pass to Mul when heā€™s man got out in front, Hannon hit it wide into space beyond both ā€¦

howā€™s it foolish. Itā€™s a vital metric for inside forwards. Iā€™m sure Flanagan is disappointed himself at the return from the amount of ball he is getting.

All the other metrics, like assists, scores from fouls on him etc are very important too. Anyone can be trained to make the same runs as him, and Iā€™m sure Kiely makes sure if a fella has to come in he knows the role, itā€™s only a role.

Flanagan has the jump on a lot of lads because of his speed and athleticism.

He wonā€™t be left out versus Cork.

Youā€™ve an awful hard on for SĆ©amus Flanagan :grinning:

5 Likes

if someone has a different opinion to you it doesnā€™t mean thereā€™s an agenda.

Seamie didnā€™t have the perfect game so if someone points out where they think he should be marked down itā€™s fair game to be noted.

If anyone has an agenda itā€™s you mate. You go out of your way to look for positives for him and ignore pretty much anything that may be construed as a negative about him.

1 Like

Hannon may have his critics at times and for good reason maybe but that was sublime and in all honesty there arenā€™t too many centre backs around the country capable of such artistry. He can be caught out in other areas for sure but fuckin hell he has some serious hurling in him

2 Likes

Iā€™m keeping an eye on the Irish Rail site all morning :sweat_smile:

The other worry is in the opening 10 minutes versus cork Dan Morrissey was targeted big time in a few foot races. This is something cork will look to exploit again. WOD came on and done fine while Dan was moved to 6.

I saw Creganā€™s interview in the Irish Times where he said Flanagan ran over 12 km vs Cork with 2.8km at full pace.

But obviously any fit player can run around like a headless chicken, Flanagan is very good for opening up space while offering himself as an option. And you need both.

3 Likes

hopefully they do that again. We were a man down so didnā€™t have our defense fully set up.

Hegarty,Morrissey, Hayes and Mul will all be deep to stop Corkā€™s running game at different stages.

I wouldnā€™t be getting hung up on what an individual forward scores as long as they are breaking their hole, making the runs, getting the better of their individual battles and creating scores. Obviously as a forward you need to be on the scoresheet too.

Pleasing thing is that we are not relying on any one forward player now. At different times in various matches different players have stood up when others have been a bit subdued.

1-23 v Tipp
0-28 v Cork
2-26 v Waterford
0-27 v Kilkenny.

Tom Morrissey probably been our best player this summer and he was taken off in nearly every u-21 match last year. Unreal transformation.

6 Likes

Daniel Kearney done wreck below in Pairc ui Frank at different times.

I think weā€™ll need to nullify him.

This was before the sending off. Only in the first 10 minutes. When dam was half back. It didnā€™t happen when he moved to 6.

1 Like

Jesus, I nearly forgot that. We lost Hannon and Gillane in the first ten minutes that day.

Dan does lack a bit of toe alright, even Sunday when they put Leahy on him he got away from him a few times through pace.

Iā€™m sure Kiely wonā€™t have neglected to notice this and will have it covered off.

Owens is nailed on for the Final regardless of pairings.

Canā€™t see Limerick having the legs to stay with Cork. They just about fell over the line against Kilkenny who are as pedestrian and slow a county team as Iā€™ve ever seen.

It was inch perfectā€¦ Just beyond the reach of the defender who had done a great job getting out in front.

Too early for a reasoned analysis on last Sunday. The Limerick lads are still high on emotion. Leave it until next week to point out how We nearly fucked it away

eh we stayed well enough with them with a man less below in their home patch there a few weeks back.

1 Like

I see weā€™re back to the ā€˜who to dropā€™ discussion that was happening before Clare opened yeā€™re holes. Too many great forwards it seems.

:smile:

3 Likes