Limerick v Kilkenny 2’19

:rollseyes:

Stop haranguing the young lad into agreeing with you.

Do you agree with him that Seamus Callanan is windy?

Of course the all time top scorer from play is windy

Seamus definitely wouldn’t be a fan of using his stature to intimidate opponents.

45 years?

1 Like

Limerick absolutely shit themselves in the last ten mins of the AIF. Cowards, shirkers, fakes and lambasters???

Fair post and Id say thats something most Cork fans would agree with. Doesnt take much away from any fella though really that hes maybe ranked 6-10 in the best forwards of the last decade rather than top 5.

Lack of support up front hasn’t helped him either considering the flaws you mention above

Limerick arrived in all Ireland final a year or two early. They had very little experience.

His wrists are top 5 but I’d take nearly all those lads I mentioned if I needed a forward for when the chips are down. That is no knock on Horgan who has made the most of his lack of real pace or power to be a lethal forward.

But I’d take Ben O’Connor over him. He had it all

2 Likes

I’d mention Noel McGrath too. He was brilliant for a year or two.

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Hes a lot more power than he is given credit for. He is a big unit. But not all that aggressive at all. Hes been some servant to Cork in fairness.

Ben was different gravy, as was Joe deane

Would Horgan even be in top five cork players of this century?

Joe Deane was some man to pop over a score against the run of play. Clare had Cork beaten in 05 only for Deane.

All his shots seemed to just about make it over the bar too

Limerick were green in the final nearing the end. I don’t think you’d expect anything else for team with no senior all ireland final experience bar one player who was a sub. I suspect limerick won’t be as forgiving next time.

He just about makes the top 5 Cork full forwards of the century behind Corcoran, Deane, Setanta and Neil Ronan

3 Likes

Won’t be an issue for you anyway

Limerick would want to be wining this by 15 points if they are making themselves to be half as good as they are, probably the worst Kilkenny team in 20 years

In fairness despite people calling for Cody to be sacked he’s doing a fine job. Somehow managed to patch richie, tj, walter and fennelly back together. If he got them on the field for an hour they are a different proposition. Mullen is really good and donnelly destoryed us last year.