Limerick v Tipperary MSHC Semi Final 2015

It is more fun to beat ye by a point . A bit like Davy yesterday. Leave ye thinking of what might have been.

This will be a very tough game…in the last couple of years we were fortunate not to buried by half time and should great character to dig out the wins. A lot of that was down to getting up to speed coming from a 1b platform. Hopefully yesterday will have rectified that and we will be ready for a 70 min performance. It will be a more conventional game tho which will suit us more but both our half lines will have to have massive games.

73, 75, 78 & 81

75 & 81 were draws, Limerick won both replays.

Tipp won 88,89,90,91.

Limerick 95, 96 after a replay

Tipp 97, 01,02,04, 05(after a replay) 06

Limerick 07 (after 2 replays)

Tipp 09 &12

Limerick 13 & 14

[QUOTE=“Mullach Ide, post: 1148526, member: 141”]73, 75, 78 & 81

Tipp won 88,89,90,91.

Tipp 09 &12

Limerick 13 & 14[/QUOTE]
Looks like Tipp/Limerick never feared Limerick/Tipp

[QUOTE=“the man himself, post: 1148385, member: 1766”]As for the Tipp team, I would pick this.
Gleeson
Barrett
Barry
Cahill
Bergin
Paudie Maher
Breen
Woodlock
McGrath
Bubbles
Bonnar
Forde
McGrath
Callanan
O Meara

We actually don’t have great options in the forwards at present. Brendan Maher will probably start but not sure where. Not a forward at all IMO[/QUOTE]
Which McGrath wing forward?
And seriously, you can see the Captain being dropped?

If tipp are any good they will win by 6

By 10

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1148561, member: 1517”]Which McGrath wing forward?
And seriously, you can see the Captain being dropped?[/QUOTE]
I don’t have a Mcgrath wing forward. John corner. Shane midfield. Should have wrote first names sorry. I said in my post that Brendan Maher will be starting but that would be the team I myself would pick. I’m a big worried about our forward line for this game and for the Championship as a whole having thought about it

Limerick have no trophy O Shea needs one

I’d be starting Brendan Maher center back. Paudie wing back & Breen the other wing. Bergin midfield. Big ask for John McGrath to be blooded in such a big game too imo.
Jason Forde needs to be making a massive impression too to finally live up to the early days hype.

no 6

I presume Woodlock dropping out? If so if you recall last year’s game against Limerick, Shane McGrath and Bergin got absolutely destroyed in midfield by Ryan and Browne. I think we need Woodlock’s battling ability in there. I know you don’t like him as a hurler and I can see why as he is very frustrating but personally I think he is very valuable in certain games against physical opposition

Actually Woodlock & Bergin is my preferred pairing. Let Woodlock follow James Ryan like a bad smell & pass the ball as opposed to driving wides. Let Bergin roam further forward & hopefully add some scores from play.

Woodlock has to start. Himself and Bonnar do the heavy lifting allowing the likes of Bubbles and Callinan show their class.

Should be close to 40,000 at this I would imagine.

Well, he certainly helps. :slight_smile:

How many years will it take tipps hurling to recover from the the O Shea era?

Was O Shea a more successful player or manager? :smiley:

is thurles to get hauck eye

[QUOTE=“Mullach Ide, polimerick 1148526, member: 141”]73, 75, 78 & 81

Tipp won 88,89,90,91.

Tipp 09 &12

Limerick 13 & 14[/QUOTE]
Did waterford not beat limerick in 09

A/I semi final, Tipp beat Limerick

Yea sorry. I must have subconsciously erased that one. Disaster of a day that one.

There is no doubt about it, yesterday’s game will bring limerick on. However there are some issues that need to be adressed. Hickeys performance was not his usual self. No real goal scoring opportunity created and Cunninghshams two goals wete way to easily conceded. On the plus side at least it should be an orthodox game which should suit Limerick mote. I think Dave Breen was a big loss yesterday and while he might not ladt the full 70 his aerial ability gives us another option.