Limerick v Tipperary MSHC Semi Final 2015

:smiley:

clare are a dirty team and concede too many frees.

clare will continue this multi year losing run until they can get rid of their filthy play.

[QUOTE=“ProjectX, post: 1148646, member: 1742”]clare are a dirty team and concede too many frees.

clare will continue this multi year losing run until they can get rid of their filthy play.[/QUOTE]
:popcorn:

Breen is a very talented player, but he is very wasteful of the ball. He will solo up through half the pitch and will then give the ball away.

This was a frustrating thing in Limericks play yesterday. Limerick were doing a lot of show boating and opting for the fancy play rather than just doing the simple things well and taking the easy scores.

Limerick will need to improve on that before the semi final.

[QUOTE=“ProjectXperspective8646, member: 1742”]clare are a dirty team and concede too many frees.

clare will continue this multi year losing run until they can get rid of their filthy play.[/QUOTE]
From a limerick perspective, this is now irrelevent. Yesterdays game is done and dusted and concentration must now turn to Tipp which is a completely different game. Clares discipline issue is Clares problem but they are still around.

[QUOTE=“ProjectX, post: 1148is get Hannon54, member: 1742”]Breen is a very talented player, but he is very wasteful of the ball. He will solo up through half the pitch and will then give the ball away.

This was a frustrating thing in Limericks play yesterday. Limerick were doing a lot of show boating and opting for the fancy play rather than just doing the simple things well and taking the easy scores.

Limerick will need to improve on that before the semi final.[/QUOTE]
Agree but what Breen can do is bring Hannon into the game His best game was against Wexfotd last year which was probably Hannons as well. That is no coincidence. He was badly missed yesterdayespecially in the first half when we had the wind.

He’s better than Hannon at tracking back the field too. Much maligned player. I think our best set up would start him and sub him for Dodge with 25 to go to drive us home.

N Quaid
Tom C
Richie Mc
S Hickey
S O Brien
GOM
W Mc
Browne
Paudie o b
Breen
Hannon
Downes
G Mul
S Dowling
C Lynch

[QUOTE=“RamblerRED, post: 1148in the69, member: 2806”]N Quaid
Tom C
Richie Mc
S Hickey
S O Brien
GOM
W Mc
Browne
Paudie o b
Breen
Hannon
Downes
G Mul
S Dowling
C Lynch[/QUOTE]
Yea While I have all the time in the world for dodge, his legs are starting to give. He is probably better as an impact sub now. Remember Downes will be imporyant as well. The one thing Tipp don’t like is the physicality that Limerivk bring. This will be a completly different game to yesterday and we shpuld get a bit more joy from mixing the long and the short ball. We didn’t play well yesterday and still won. Always a good sign

[QUOTE=“RamblerRED, post: 1148669, member: 2806”]N Quaid
Tom C
Richie Mc
S Hickey
S O Brien
GOM
W Mc
Browne
Paudie o b
Breen
Hannon
Downes
G Mul
S Dowling
C Lynch[/QUOTE]
Fuck off with that shite

This is the period when I first remember going to Limerick hurling matches, from memory we always hung in there or even led, up to the last 15 minutes and then the inevitable would happen and Nicky and/or Pat Fox would bang in a couple of goals, depressing times.

Tom C
Richie Mc
S Hickey
S O Brien
GOM
W Mc
Browne
Paudie o b
Breen
Hannon
Downes
G Mul
S Dowling
C Lynch[/QUOTE]
Dropping James Ryan?

[ATTACH=full]2965[/ATTACH]

88 was a shite match finished 15-8 in Tipps favour. 89 we were in it up to half time and Tipp let rip in the second half. Finished 4-15 to 2-10 if memory serves me correct. 1990 were well in it but had a corner back sent off 2-20 to 1-17. 91 a pure disater. Anthony Carmody sent off. Finished 2-15 to 0-10

Don’t like Ryan at all he wastes a pile of ball. Every game 4/5 balls out over the end line. Bring him on with 20 to go.

Tom C
Richie Mc
S Hickey
S O Brien
GOM
W Mc
Browne
Paudie o b
Breen
Hannon
Downes
G Mul
S Dowling
C Lynch[/QUOTE]

No place for Jim Bob in your side?

Idiot. :rolleyes:

The fact that Wexford were shite may also have been a contributing factor.

He may waste a bit of ball but he puts in a series shift every time. His general distribution is good and will always look to see what’s going on. The only question I would have is do you renew his partnership with Browne or keep Paudie there.

Maybe so but you can only beat what’s in front of you.

Hennessy
Condon
Richie Mac
Hickey
Wayne Mac
O’Mahony
Seanie O’Brien
Jim Bob
Browne
Paudie O’Brien
Hannon
Breen
Mulcahy
Dowling
Lynch

I think that’s our best starting line-up and positions. While i’m unsure of Hennessy in goals, Quaid shouldn’t be risked even if he is back. There is nothing much between Condon and Walsh for corner back but Condon tends to play well against Tipp and it’s the sort of cauldron like atmosphere, physical game and tempo he is best in. Condon is not a half back, let that experiment start and end yesterday. Jim Bob and Browne partnership is excellent and should not be broken up. O’Brien is well able to win ball and can hit a few points, why isn’t he tried in the half-forward line? Downes is an impact sub if that, no more. Breen will come back in as long as he’s fit for his excellent ball winning ability and running ability. I’d like to see the full-forward line function as a normal full-forward line as there’s serious goal power in there.

Putting in a shift should be a prerequisite for an inter county hurler. If Limerick want to win An Ireland we badly need to improve our distribution from the half backs/ mid field into our forwards. We only got 1-7 from play last Sunday. Lynch, Dowling, G Mul, Hannon, Downes and Breen are the strongest set of forwards we have had for donkeys years but we are absolutely starving them of good ball.