Limerick v Wexford- The Game to Break the Board

[QUOTE=“ThunderPuss, post: 987058, member: 1593”]1 I hav’nt read too many Wexford posters on here even contemplate defeat. I’ve also read the Wexford threads on other forums also and many of them
are talking of winning the AI. Fair enough ye might beat Limerick but calm down before contemplating beating Cork or Kilkenny.

2 I said “Limerick management should know where both their own team and Wexfords weaknesses lie” so don’t twist it.

3 Beautiful City got 380 pts in the leaving so he is smarter than you.[/QUOTE]

My point being that your comment can equally be turned around. I imagine the Wexford management should know where both their own team and Limerick’s weaknesses lie. Look, your post was the kind of shit that would fly on other message boards but it’s just not good enough here.

You said the same before the Cork game.

This is a 50/50 match. I don’t think tiredness will be a factor for Wexford. Tiredness only affects losing teams.

Stating the obvious in your first sentence I’m afraid pal. The two Lynch’s are a year too young yet, maybe two. They’ll both be good enough to start when they’re 19. I don’t think we need to strengthen the panel, the problem lies more in our use of it. We played the same half back like all year, now two of that line are struggling badly and we have tried no other player there to slot in. In fact probably our best half back replacement Ryan is being used as a half forward it seems. We have players out of form at other parts of the pitch too. Management have shown little to no trust in the bench, which doesn’t suggest they’ll have the trust to change the first 15. We also appeared to have terribly disconnected forwards in the cork game which is what I’m most worried about, I doubt that can be fixed in a two weeks, and any team challenging for honours needs to show more in their forward patterns than we have.

We had two forwards in real form the last game, IMO. Hitting the ball to them didn’t appear to be part of the game plan for us however.

He has a good point mate. Major limerick weaknesses that were not quite as apparent in the tipp game were majorly exposed by Cork. We now have the opportunity to address them (I’m not sure we will).

Who needs enemies when our own passing comments like this. :mad::confused:

The key factor in this game for both teams will be dealing with their supporters’ overconfidence on the internet. Whichever team does better in this regard will win. The other team will lose, and fall into exactly the same trap Liverpool fell into when their supporters proclaimed ‘’ we’re going to win the league’’, which as we all know was the reason they didn’t win it.

[QUOTE=“Gary Birtles Lovechild, post: 987065, member: 2585”]You said the same before the Cork game.

This is a 50/50 match. I don’t think tiredness will be a factor for Wexford. Tiredness only affects losing teams.[/QUOTE]

Aye. Or team’s that aren’t playing well. Wexford are flying, and all the matches in a row will help in terms of touch and match fitness. If they get past Limerick, they could do anything. Would love to see them against KK in an AI semi.

Wexford are now in a similar place to Dublin before the Leinster final last year and are a very dangerous opponent for Limerick. I think Wexford could well do them.

Exactly, and further proof of Davy’s genius when he managed to get the likes of @turfcutter[/USER] and [USER=675]@BeTimberin to stop giving away secrets on the internet before Clare games last year.

Obviously the players you are talking about are from a particular club in south Limerick. You first stated “All is not well” secondly we may be short a player or two and third you went and named the positions so lets just say it, three lads from a south club have an issue. Personally i think it is complete bollix and if not why do you feel the fooking need to throw it out there like that. Our own worst enemies for a long time.

On the issue of the two Lynch’s, both are superb hurlers and we probably won’t win an AI until both of those lads and maybe Barry Nash and Richie English et al are involved. Cian could only play in the corner for me, would find it very difficult in a half forward line to win ball his best asset, the physical demands are different and he struggled at times in the U21 even though he played very well. Ronan could probably play wing forward, why risk it though. Impact subs maybe but that would be all. The batch of minors we have are the best we have produced, leave them hurl at minor and don’t rush things.

True. Wexford have the potential to bury goals though, something you can’t say for Dublin.

What’s Gary Kirby doing these days? *

• Other than being a fat bitter cunt.

Hopefully Barry Kelly, the best referee in the country, will get the nod for this.

I’m actually surprised at the hype Wexford are generating outside of the county. As great and all as it is, there are still some amount of deficiencies in the team. Its a work in progress, and they are improving and finally Dunne is working to a decent tactic template, but there are still some basic errors occurring and woeful shooting. Hopefully that will come good, and I’d prefer to be in this position than the usual being hammered out the gate without so much as breaking sweat. If Rossiter is out, he’ll be a big loss. He’d be the more mobile of the full back line, and if it is Deveroux into replace him, I could see him being roasted by Mulcahy.

Despite all that though, we are going to beat these finger breaking whinging cunts. Dowling is an over rated useless cunt and McDonald is the best full forward to play the game since Nickey Rackard. Probably better. And we’ll win the All Ireland too.

Hurling needs Wexford. Their revival thus has real hurling men excited.

They are a breath of fresh air tbf.

John Mullane reckons Limerick could shade it and refers to Wexford’s poor record in Thurles.

I think that will seep into the Limerick players’ consciousness and they’ll get too cocky.

Combine that with some Limerick INTERNETTERS discussing how they’ll match up with Killenny in a semi-final clash and the warning signs should be going off in Limerick.

I don’t think Limerick have any secrets either.

Wexford will be on a roll, meanwhile Limerick are coming off the back of a good run out against Cork where they scored 24 points and missed a lot more. There will only be a puck of a ball between these two sides and you can be sure every break will be keenly contested. Momentum is with Wexford and they have the players to go and win it, but Limerick have that bit more experience and muscle which could be enough to see them over the line.

© @artfoley School of Hurling Analysis

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 987148, member: 1786”]Wexford will be on a roll, meanwhile Limerick are coming off the back of a good run out against Cork where they scored 24 points and missed a lot more. There will only be a puck of a ball between these two sides and you can be sure every break will be keenly contested. Momentum is with Wexford and they have the players to go and win it, but Limerick have that bit more experience and muscle which could be enough to see them over the line.

© @artfoley School of Hurling Analysis[/QUOTE]

Wexford seem to have the explosiveness up top that we are missing thus far
Downes in at 14 could be the answer
 but it most certainly is a 50/50 game and the second game will be a total anti-climax after this ferocious battle.

What time is the curtain raiser on Sunday?

Is there gnashing of teeth over tickets in Limerick or are the band-wagoners waiting for Croke Park in August?

Wexford continue to surprise me - I thought the Waterford full back line was awful on Saturday but Wexford played well.

Limerick by five for me

Tipp to beat Dublin by six.