Limerick weirdos/ sickos

Well the Limerick loopys started it

1 Like

Is that the field in Garryowen Green?

I remember playing schoolboy matches there. No dressing rooms, the gear bags would be left in a big pile on the sideline and the subs would sit on top of it fighting off the little shits trying to rob them.

You’d have one eye on the game and one eye on the battle of gear bag hill

No idea. Must have been some very simple people that done it considering they put a big knob on the field :sweat_smile:

Crop circles Limerick style

Good enough for them. The cunts came out and robbed our dressing room during a match back in '97.

who were ye?

Newport. In fairness, we were an easy target for the townies.
Willie ‘Big Bang’ Casey hit me a few digs after a game against Janesboro. We played a game in Hyde before where our goalkeeper walked past me (I was right back) cos he was getting pelted by rocks. He had a mental breakdown

I was playing in that game with Willie for the 'Boro

Willie got sent off… someone called him a tinker and he went mental… I was first one back in the dressing room after it and the fucker was waiting behind the door with the fist cocked.

I’d say you were the first misfortune he saw from the other crowd.

1 Like

Different game mate! He didn’t get sent off the day he walloped me. He also told me during the game that he’d break my jaw so it wasn’t a case of mistaken identity

It was an u-18 match the one I was talking about.

You must have been looking for it mate because there were very few things would force Willie to throw slaps. He hated being called a tinker.

Glenanaar is a grand name for a place
there is a Glenanaar as well in cobh
Gleann na Nair - Valley of the Slaughter

2 Likes

Pub of the same name on the Boreenmana Rd too

1 Like

cc @John_Delaney.

Nah this was a 15s or 16s game mate

What did you do to piss off Willie?

he was a very limited player but his sheer presence on the field used to terrorize right wingers…

Ah Willie was squaring up to a mate of mine who must have been a foot taller than him and I had a giggle about it all during the match. Hadn’t a clue who he was but he did say at the point that he would break my jaw if I laughed again. When we were walking into dressing rooms, he’d a much taller lad beside him and threw three digs. Our manager sheparded me into the dressing room before all hell broke loose. The ref said he saw nothing which pissed off our manager so much that he almost agreed to stopping the bus at the Roxboro roundabout when we saw Willie and a mate cycling by… Fifteen roasters were set to cut loose. Thank fuck he saw sense. Found out a few days later just who it was

was this game played on the pitch outside the main walls of Pearse Stadium by the railway bridge and this event happened on the way back into the dressing rooms?

Haven’t a clue of the name of the ground but it happened in hallways of dressing room

I was there. I thought Willie had been sent off and was waiting in the dressing rooms (may have been another day). I was beside him when he threw the slaps. Handbags enough stuff. He didn’t really get a decent slap away because of the narrowness of the environment.