Limerick weirdos/ sickos

they could’ve and shouldve got each of those sentences per count on a consecutive basis. if the DPP doesnt appeal leniency then we’re at fuck all

4 Likes

A very valid viewpoint. But will it happen - it will in it’s shite…

I always wondered should we have death penalties for cases like this but maybe being locked in a box for years is a worse treatment.

hopefully given the pressure theyre under with lenient sentences after the murder in offaly, theyll have no choice. especially if the perp is a recidivist

15 years? With time already served, the standard 25% off, good behaviour etc those three will be out, in what, in another 9 or ten years?

I honestly think a sentence closer to 45 years would be appropriate here. Why do they deserve to ever walk free again?

If everyone emailed their local TD to complain this might get some traction.

Agreed.

Isabel Hayes had a piece in the Times yesterday on this case. It was incredibly thorough and as such a very difficult read. But it is worth a read in many ways, purely to marvel in the work the Social Workers and Foster Families have done with these children. They are Angels in our society and you come away from the piece while shaken, at least with hope and faith in some parts of humanity.

I am stunned their neighbours or extended families weren’t aware of this behaviour however. There seems to have been an omertà, and I would wonder after reading Isabel’s piece, are there others out there involved, free and still seeking out these children. I hope not but that if they are I very much hope they are being pursued.

God bless those children, they are finally getting what every child should have, a safe home, loving parents and a future to dream of. May their dreams come true.

3 Likes

Wasn’t there some article about this case last year and one of the parents was on about „getting the family back eventually”. The cunts should get a full life term.

There has been a massive blind eye turned here. More knew than have let on and I would suspect more were involved than has come out. The Christmas issue is most unsettling.

1 Like

Certainly will

Can someone please explain to me how a man can get a thirty year sentence (and deservedly so) for beating the shit out of kevin lunney and a man who has repeatedly raped his own offspring over a sustained period of time gets exactly half of it?

2 Likes

Lot of charges dropped last year so several relatives got away Scot free
Doesn’t say much for anyone especially HSE etc who had to have known something was amiss
As for the local GP :roll_eyes:
Kids will never get over this they’ve lost everything and most of their relatives
( sick cunts yes but to those kids -
Mammy and daddy etc)
They’ll never be right
Lots of ppl had to know what was going on FFS

I don’t know if the sentencing guidelines are the issue or what but the sentences for sexual crimes always seem to be on the low side. It’s ridiculous. Sustained sexual abuse like that will do far more damage than any physical assault.

3 Likes