Lionel Andres Messi

Heard a story about a photoshoot involving Ronaldo.

It was when he was still at United. The sponsor was doing a photoshoot on the outskirts of Manchester on a random football pitch.

The organisers left a pile of footballs out on the pitch while Ronaldo and Robinho got changed. When the lads came back out there was a bunch of kids from the area kicking the balls around.

Apparently Ronaldo ran over and got involved in their game, coaching the lads on control etc. Robinho acted the cunt apparently right throughout.

I get the impression that Ronaldo is an alright sort.

5 Likes

I know a bloke whose cousin helped out in a homeless shelter in Barcelona while there as a student a few years ago. The Barca squad came down to help out one day as a promo thingy I guess and he saw Messi pissing into the soup pot when he thought nobody was looking. True story.

3 Likes

Extrovert comes across better than introvert shock, although Ronaldo is an alright sort

I heard Larry Murphy was crashing in Lionel’s pad when he was chilling in Barcelona.

Are all introverts pricks?

They often come across as ignorant, yes. Your mate Luis Suarez doesn’t seem to have a problem with Messi. They are best friends apparently

Suarez is the anti-Messi.

Didn’t say he wasn’t, just that they are very good friends apparently

Guinea captain, Florentin Pogba, declined to select brother, Paul in his Top 3.

It’ll be a tad awkward at the dinner table in the Pogba household, next time they’re together.

2 Likes

Autism helped Messi to become the world’s best

He was diagnosed at 8 years old, still in Argentina with Asperger Syndrome, known as a mild form of autism. Although the diagnosis of the athlete has been poorly publicized and questioned, as a way to protect it, the fact is that his behavior on and off the field are revealing.

Having Asperger Syndrome is no demerit. People are generally male, having difficulties in socialization, and repetitive motor acts very strange interests. Popularly, the syndrome is known as a factory geniuses. It is the case of Messi.

It is possible to identify, by experience, such as autism reveals itself in his behavior on the field – the team, the dribbling, the drive, the kick. “Autistics are always looking to adopt a pattern and repeat it thoroughly,” says Nilton Vitulli, father of a patient of Asperger’s syndrome and active member of the NGO and Reality Autism and social Citizen Health Network, which brings together parents and relatives of “aspergianos “.

“Messi always makes the same movements: almost always falls on the right, dribbles the same way and often makes that goal Cavadinha, typical of him,” says Vitulli, who played football and almost went professional. He explains that, thanks to the extraordinary memory that autistics have, Messi should probably know all the moves that can occur, for example, in time to finish on goal. “It’s as if he foresaw the movements of the goalkeeper. He just repeats a familiar pattern. When he enters the area, you know that will make the goal. And celebrate, with that typical smile autistic, who fulfilled his mission and is relieved. ”

The quality of the kick, Messi extraordinary, and the ability to keep the ball stuck in the foot, even at high speed, are probably second Vitulli also repeating patterns, allies, of course, the great skill of the player. It compares the behavior of Messi to a famous Hawaiian surfer Clay Marzo, also diagnosed with Asperger syndrome. “It is an extraordinary surfer. And you can see autistic features when it is a wave. So, like Messi, he is perfect, as if he knew exactly the behavior of the wave and just repeat a pattern. ” But autistic, according Vitulli, are not creative, just repeat what they do. “Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar create more. But err more, “he says.

Autism may be able to impressive achievements – and the movie Rain Man, made ​​in 1988, illustrates this. Today it is known, for example, that Newton and Einstein physicists had some form of autism, as well as Bill Gates.

Also off the field, their behavior is revealing. Who has not noticed the difficulty of communicating the news, reported in press conferences and even in commercial perpetrated by him? Or in his aloof behavior toward social events? For Giselle Zambiazzi, president of the AMA Brusque, (Parents, Friends and Professionals Autistic Region and in Brusque, Santa Catarina), and mother of a 10 year old boy diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome, was a revelation to observe certain attitudes Messi.

“Starting with the interviews: it is visible how much that bothers environment. That air “lost” dying to escape. Scratchy’s head, the hands, the look that never looks in fact. An autistic have difficulty dealing with this barrage of information from the external world, “says Giselle. According to her, you can see the high degree of concentration of Messi: “He knows exactly what he wants and has the same objectivity that I see in my son.”

Giselle watched a few plays of the Argentine and also had no doubts: “Look who ‘do not look’ is the same in all I see. In a move he was taking the ball to be face to face with an opponent. It was time to face him. He raised his head, but his gaze averted. Ie, there was no communication. He just kept his stroke in his goal, was there and made the goal. No more. ”

According to Giselle, Messi has recognized talent into something simple which is great for everyone and do not see much point in fame, money, women, partying. “Just do what one knows and does well. The rest would be a consequence. Another aspect that is very similar to my son. ”

Another characteristic of autism, she said, is becoming extremely frustrated when they lose, they are very demanding. “Everything has to come out exactly as we set out to do, otherwise it is in crisis right. And usually dominate a particular subject. That is, if Messi is autistic and decided to play football, the possibility of being the best in the world would be really great, “she says.

The idea of ​​one of the biggest celebrities in the world to be an autistic is not surprising, but enchants. Messi will never be a conventional celebrity. According to Giselle, it simply will always be a professional who performs his profession as best they can – but aloof to clubbing, to interviews and events. “They need and want your condition is met. Never gonna get used to the harassment. Always have a few friends. And hardly know what to do before a battalion of photographers and fans screaming around you. Anyway, surely his contribution to the world will be unforgettable, “she says.

I presume that’s from Google translate?

Breaking news: Messi and his dad sentenced to 21 months in jail, what a day it is today.

You’re missing out on a word there.

Under Spanish law anyone getting a sentence under 24 months gets it suspended.
Would he be able to travel to other countries now he’s a convicted criminal?

A fraud on and off the pitch.

4 Likes

An alright sort

"For Celtic they have much more important games than this coming up with the Champions League qualifiers, but this can help them prepare. We have had some games against Celtic that I will always remember, and they are a big club, with big fans, and I would like to see them qualify this year - it is where they belong.

It is always a good atmosphere against Celtic. For the players at Barcelona who experienced the games in Europe against them, they will know what to expect from their fans. It is only a friendly, but I don’t think their fans know what a friendly is. There are a lot of Celtic fans in Ireland, and I expect them to make a lot of noise and create another special atmosphere."

1 Like