Lionel Andres Messi

You’re arguing in the face of logic and facts.

The Argentine defence did it’s job, they didn’t concede a goal in the knockout stages of the World Cup and yet you bizarrely seem to be attaching blame to the team’s most functional area in order to excuse their shitty togs superstar.

Beauty is in the eye and all that…

In this case, I have beautiful, alluring dark brown eyes with perfect 20/20 vision and people with differing view suffer from severe glaucoma.

The defence undoubtedly did very well as you say but because of their lack of pace in defence they had to play with a very deep defensive line which made the attacking players, not just Messi less effective as they were very slow at getting the ball to their good players in the final third

Just as a matter of interest Nembo, would you rate Ronaldo as better then Messi?

Well I’ll answer this in two parts as Messi is a different player depending on who he’s playing against.

Ronaldo is a far superior individual player, you put him in any team in the world and he will get you goals. He is an individualist and the supporting cast around him matters little. He’s a much more reliable player to carry a team but his attitude and bottle can be suspect at time.

Messi is lethal and devastating on a level that nobody else is when everything is down to perfection for him, but he is hugely dependent on those around him to reach that level. Messi at Barcelona is the better than anything, Messi outside Barcelona, it’s style of play and quality of players around him is a pale shadow and I mean a pale shadow. There are many better individual players than him

What is around Messi is what makes him, what makes Ronaldo is himself but he’s such a preening little brat that he probably has a negative impact on those around him

Both Messi and Ronaldo are very unlikable.

Aye he really carries Portugal in international tournaments. Messi’s goalscoring record at international level is better than Ronaldo’s, not by much but he has a better ratio. Also Messi doesn’t get to play minnows like Andorra and shit teams like that in his World Cup qualifiers

Fair enough.
I dont follow the soccer that much apart from the odd Liverpool and Ireland game.
However I think youre rating on Ronaldo is spot on. Hes too narcistic for me.
Always thought Messi was an allright sort and a better allround footballer then Ronaldo

But Ill sit back now and let you continue your debate

Messi is an utter wanker though, he’s just more clandestine in it going round behind closed doors demanding the manager does this and that and undermining the position of the manager with the presidents.

He’s also a tax cheat.

And a juicer

Im not saying youre right or wrong. I dont know enough to judge.

Just wanted to here your opinion thats all.

I did say his attitude and bottle can be suspect at time.

Ronaldo does not play for as talented a team as Messi, they have two strikers from the Championship in their current squad.

Typical Italian

Ronaldo played for a very good team up until around 2012 or so, only losing to the eventual winners of Euro 2012 on penalties in the semi final

Who were the top players in that team, when Ronaldo exploded in the 06-07 season the likes of Figo and Rui Costa were past their best.

This was the Euro 2008 squad for Portugal:

1 Ricardo 2 Ferreira 3 Bruno Alves 4 Bosingwa 5 Meira 6 Meireles 7 C. Ronaldo 8 Petit 9 H. Almeida 10 J. Moutinho 11 Simão 12 Nuno 13 Miguel 14 Ribeiro 15 Pepe 16 Carvalho 17 Quaresma 18 Veloso 19 Nani 20 Deco 21 Nuno Gomes © 22 Patrício 23 H. Postiga

Good defence but from midfield forward it was really quite ordinary with the exception of Ronaldo. Deco was on the back of a very ordinary season for Barca and was shipped off to Chelsea for a smallish fee after the Euros.

Ireland manager, BBC Coach of the Year and Philips Manager of the Year Michael O’Neill’s votes in the FIFA World Player of the Year award were as follows:

1. Luis Suarez
  2. Robert Lewandowski
  3. Lionel Messi

Another resounding success for @Nembo_Kid, dragged them in and absolutely mullered them with experience.

I have seen the little fucker play twice in the flesh and on both occasions he certainly wasn’t the cleaner than clean image he is portrayed at times in the media.

Refused to move outside a little square and stopped the ball with his hand every time he was touched almost forcing the ref to give the free. On one occasion when the ref gave a handball against him, he went absolutely ape shit.

Him laughing as he blasted the ball into Row Z following a scorable free kick in the last minutes of the World Cup Final is another memory of him that few bring up.

1 Like

I know a guy who works in carlton house and he met both players.said ronaldo was sound and was great with autographs.said messi was a prick

2 Likes