Live GAA on de Telly 2023 (No Discussion)

Its hard to expect any better with donegal club football. Always muck

Dreadful conditions.

Lot of links between Glenties and Creeslough so nice to see ut in fairness.

Mid Kerry on a completely different level to Feale Rangers. Giving an exhibition of kicking.

Mid Kerry look decent. Feale Rangers look very limited.

These games between Kerry divisional sides are so devoid of atmosphere. Glorified county trials.

5 Likes

Very odd game to choose for TV.

If you were showing a Kerry game this weekend, Dingle v East Kerry would have been the obvious one

4 Likes

Sad to see major club games played in these shocking conditions.

What are the links do u mind me asking?
Watched bits and pieces of the game. Red card was a scandelous decision. Thompson started it amd should have got red. Lad who got red pushed a player in the neck not a red card. Can only think officials gave red as third man in rule but he wasnt that. Was about 6th man to get involved. Winners dome what they had to do but played horrendously defensive even with extra man. Wont go any further with that style. Thompson while should been sent off kicked few nice points think was him anyway and goal was lovely route one big man caught it and bang.

Jim McGuinness lives in Creeslough and is married to Colm McFadden’s sister.

I’ve realised this past week how tight knit Donegal is despite being fucking massive. I haven’t met a single person who wasn’t in some way linked to one of the victims.

1 Like

Tipp :rofl:

It’s getting to the stage where TG4 is almost unwatchable on terrestrial TV. Who can we lobby here as a group to get TG4 bumped up to HD for GAA games? RTE 1 & 2 seem to have an unfair monopoly here.

1 Like

It’s the same 4 or 5 counties TG4 have been showing every week. Not entirely their fault though. I think they are increasingly limited by counties who prefer to save their games for their own streaming services.

It would be interesting to see a current list.

As pointed out here previously, most county finals are around €20 a head.

If you only lose 1000 attendees because a game is on TG4, thats €20,000. TG4 are said to give in the region of €5,000 for a televised game (I am unsure how accurate this is). They will also lose a significant revenue from their own streaming service. This happened in Laois when the Donegal County Final was postponed and TG4 moved to O’Moore Park. The proceeds from the Laois GAA TV (€20 to stream both games on that day) went through the floor.

Either way, its simple math.

Perhaps there are other ways around picking up the shortfall, ie, the GAA realising the value of promoting its games (the ones that dont have bloody murder in them).

2 Likes

The Dublin hurling final should really be on tomorrow night and let the Clare hurling or Derry football final be shown on Sunday.

Its absolutely farcical this Leinster football match is on RTE tomorrow.

Relax mate. It’s nice to show an obscure game from time to time.

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing my beloved Pal on the telly tonight. It would have brought a tear to my fathers eye.

5 Likes

The same Cunts only want to see the likes of united on the telly every weekend. Boring fucks