Live GAA on de Telly 2023 (No Discussion)

Enjoyable enough but a little loose at times. Some nice scores tho.

Crokes forward play was a joy to watch in that first half ā€¦ that was as good a goal as youā€™ll seeā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah. V good game. Crokes look like they will pull away. Lots of good forwards.

1 Like

They really had boden sweeper sussed in the first half ā€¦

1 Like

Yes. A few players back for them in defence today and they look a lot more comfortablyback there too. Mark Grogan, cian macgabhann and butler the full back

1 Like

Wasted

Thereā€™s a bit too much loose hurling in this Crokes-Ballyboden tie. A lot of aimless bals being hit by both sides. Ballyboden forwards cannot win their own ball, the only one that stands out is ex-county man Paul Ryan. Crokes have superiority in the middle of park - that Purcell lad is everywhere. Crowe & Sheehy impressive too.

2 Likes

The distribution from the Boden keeper was poor but they were outworked in most areas.

2 Likes

Too old

El Cashico

1 Like

Upper middle class suburbia GGA games tend to be snoozefests mate

TG4 used to broadcast a special blitz tournament for Irish language speaking clubs every June bank holiday.

Iā€™d love it if there was a tournament run along similar lines for middle class clubs called the Fine Gaels Cup sponsored by Brown Thomas, Donnybrook Fair, Ballymaloe.

Crokes, Boden, Douglas, Na Piarsaigh, Adare, Westport, Salthill-Knocknacarra, St Brigidā€™s Belfast, plus you could throw in your perennial choker fanny teams like Celbridge, Breaffy and Kilcar.

2 Likes

You could probably throw in a Lucan Sarsfields representation from north of the N4 too

Lucan had a Superquinn.

Then again so did Finglas, but thereā€™s an exception to every rule.

My personal favourite Superquinn was the one in Kimmage, but I donā€™t think Crumlin GAA would be a worthwhile addition to this competition

A shithole

Martin Breheny needs to rank his favourite Superquinns in order, if only to stop me from doing so.

1 Like

Very harsh red card on the stroke of half-time in the Donegal final.

1 Like

The wrong lad got a red. Its terrible fare so far.