Live GAA on de Telly 2023 (No Discussion)

Go on…

I could even watch football if I wanted to.

Rumor has it they have Eamon Murray lined up

1 Like

Fellas can be bitches

1 Like

It’s a step up from Craig Rogers anyway who I heard was interviewed.

1 Like

:eek:

Yeah I got it for that with virgin as a special deal for new customers for 12 mths. He was making out like that’s the normal now tv price. Maybe it is?

The GAA Go website is notoriously bad is it not? There’s not a hope of GAA men who are aged 70+ managing that without serious assistance. I know plenty of rural auld lads who wouldn’t have internet at all but some of them would have Sky. A real pity if those matches aren’t going to RTÉ or Virgin Media.

Limited options with Sky pulling out and Virgin having no interest.

31 games is rubbish.

The All-Ireland quarter-finals onwards in hurling and football combined comprises 12 games. Then there are six provincial finals to bring us up to 18. That leaves just live 13 games for the provincial football and hurling championships and the Super 16 stage of the football championship combined. Some of these will no doubt be Timmy Talchin Cup games.

Unless access to two of the All-Ireland football quarter-finals is internet only, which might well be the case.

It’s an internet pay per view cash grab masquerading as better access.

3 Likes

It improved. Used to buffer a lot but grand now. They need to get rid of the Tippo with the elephant in Thailand though.

1 Like

Hopefully GAA Go make an effort to improve their half-time entertainment. Rotating adverts of supporters in Dubai and Australia for 15 mins won’t suffice anymore. It didn’t reload until nearly 10 mins into the second half for me in a Wexford v Wicklow football game in 2020.

Yeah you’d have to switch it off sometimes

1 Like

Expect a significant decline in broadcast quality on that streaming service without Sky’s involvement.

Serves the greedy GGA right though. They had a cushy situation with RTÉ and TV3 as it was then showing it. The latter now spend their money on more football and rugby rights.

They’ve swung from outright greed to destroying their own product now.

1 Like

Do not underestimate what a man of 70+ can do. My aul fella can order tickets online on his phone, streamed Mass all during the lockdown and can buy and sell from the mart from his kitchen table. Stop clutching your pearls.

Be interesting to see if GAAGo improves now that it’s the sole landing point for so many people going forward. I’d expect them to make some moves that way but if you’re depending on Alan Milton to do it……

What’s the difference between paying for gaago and sky for 3 months?

Lads were fierce angry at SKY

They were and they’ll still be paying for games now without the coverage and on a shady platform.

1 Like

Wooly is already on the case.