Live GAA on de Telly 2023 (No Discussion)

Are they carrying many league games on the package?

Championship only by the look of it. Clare have been relegated to online for three of their four MSHC matches.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2022/1215/1342050-mccarthy-confident-gaa-will-wash-our-face-on-gaago/

I don’t know. They’d nearly have said it if they were.

Back during Covid they used to show games in the league. I remember trying to watch a Clare v Wexford game on the phone but it was a complete waste of time.

Of course it was broadband hasn’t reached Chippabama yet

If you buy a year pass will you be able to stream the games at any time? That was a thing with GAAGo previously, you could watch back at any time at your leisure.

The three next things for GAA Go to do:

1. A highlights package. More akin to TG4’s offering than The Sunday Game - i.e., focused on highlights rather than personality tictacs.

2. Remake Breaking Ball

3. Either somehow get included in Sky / Vodafone / Eir TV offerings or supply an app that can be installed on shmart TVs like Netflix, Now, Amazon etc.

I have a warm fuzzy feeling that the days of Des Davy and Derek will soon be behind us, and not just because Des has quit either.

5 Likes

Give them all to TG4

2 Likes

This might be of interest to some forumites later on this bleak Mid Winter Monday night.

I half contemplated going to it but having drank vintage champagne in Croke Park yesterday, i didnt quite fancy Table Wine in Castletroy tonight.

Were you in Croke Park yesterday ?

You never said

4 Likes

Rhys Shelly should be Tipp’s number 1 next year.

Who’s this Mike fella on co commentary?

Surprised Cormac Power from Ballygunner is playing in this and not on the piss after yesterday.

Did you not hear him talking about Shesler and Rustler?

They could do worse than Shelly 1, O’mara 6 and O’Connor 11.

Wall very quick to make subs.

2 Likes

That’s a fairly mediocre UL team by their standards

They are expected to walk the Fitzgibbon this year.

Like I’ve said many times before the standard of young hurler has fallen off a cliff and this is more evidence.

Twomey should be a good option for Cork this year.

1 Like

They are definitely missing a few players, none of the Limericks are playing.

Mary I are bang average.

Mary I missing couple of players too though - Notably Shane Meehan & Carthach Daly

UL missing around 9/10 lads that would improve that team

Dean Mason
Darragh Corcoran
Tj Brennan
Mark Fitzgerald
Colin Coughlan
Rory Duff
Cathal O Neill
Mark Rodgers
Mikey Kiely
Killian Sampson
Patrick Crotty
Adam English

3 Likes

Interesting that there were no Waterford players involved. The demented midget would rather them run around a field than play a game of hurling.

Rhys Shelly is a much better keeper than Mason.

He is. Dean is an excellent old school keeper. A throwback. Pulled off a great save yesterday as well as the 65 catch, but is uncomfortable recieving the ball in open play. His mid range POs were shown up by Soky who gave an all time display of them.