Liverpool 2018/2019

Whats the general consensus? Liverpool better off with city gone?

Arguments for both…

1)Still in it & it’s an added distraction, extra games etc…
2) Fuck em.

I’m option 2 at the minute.

Massive blow for them. If they win their last 5 games then they’ll deserve to win the league. Still a failure for them to go out in the quarters. They were expected to win the league anyway.

1 Like

I think this could deflate City a bit. Very hard to pick yourself up after an emotional rollercoaster like that. Only problem is, their next games is against the only team who are probably equally as tired.

1 Like

Manchester City have no extra rest for their next three league games and a big psychological downer to overcome in those games.

If they were going to drop points it was always almost certain it would be against Tottenham or Manchester United, Burnley maybe an outside chance.

They were always going to beat Leicester and Brighton anyway even if they’d been involved in Europe - in the same way that they were never going to slip up in either of the final two games in 2014 (Liverpool lost that league against Chelsea, not Crystal Palace).

This is a clear gain for Liverpool. Guardiola’s whole raison d’etre at Manchester City is to win the European Cup and yet again he has failed to even reach the semi-final. Psychologically he will take this very badly - Barcelona fucked up against 10 man Chelsea three days after losing the league in 2012 because they couldn’t recover psychologically.

They may turn over a down to the bare bones Tottenham on Saturday but it could seriously mess them up for next Wednesday.

2 Likes

The state of ye

Coming up with permutations and reason why City will throw away the league.

Ye’re scared shitless.

It doesn’t look good for Liverpool for Saturday. That’s two defeats now for Spurs on their most recent two visits to Maine Road with four goals conceded on both occasions. Nearly half of our team is crocked as well.

Oles whole raison d’etre at Manchester United this Season is to qualify for the European Cup. United will lose to Everton on Sunday and then be on a big psychological downer which would seriously mess them up for next Wednesday night.

1 Like

On the contrary, a frank discussion of what needs to happen for us to win the league shows we’re absolutely relishing the situation that Liverpool FC is in right now, which is a wonderful one

All Liverpool supporters are very happy right now

This is where you want to be as a football fan - it’s exhilarating

Supporters of every other club in the Premier League would give their right arm to be in the position we’re in

Very exciting times await in the very near future

You need to let this anger go Esteban. Sid is part of the furniture here. You need to learn let most of his posts go by you and enjoy the odd one that resonates. The place wouldn’t be the same without him.

5 Likes

That wasn’t anger Juhy mate. That was mirth at the lads flapping away.

Appreciate the advice all the same

1 Like

I cant stand Liverpool (the club and the fans sicken me) but, right now, I’d fancy them in both the league and the champions league. Klopp has done a serious job there.

Sure

A poster’s mood can be easily established from the tone of what they write

Your words betray you

@Sidney has the lads hopping of the walls here

Are you joking? Robertson one of the best left backs in the league, I’d love to know any other time he was ‘hopeless’

Hello new member.
Genocide. Yay or nay? No sitting on the fence.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean …

1 Like

Seeing Robertson getting slated was the final straw, you couldn’t look in from over the hedge anymore.

Welcome to the madness.

1 Like

Sleep on it.

Ridiculous carry on. Some back five that is at the moment and gomez coming back just at the right time

Hi Andy :wave: