Liverpool 2018/2019

The big dance still ahead on Saturday night, and it looks as if Liverpool are closing in on the £60m capture of Lyon captain Nabil Fekir. They’ll be making their move once business is taken care of in Ukraine.

1 Like

I’m getting deja vu again.

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

Fekir & keita behind Salah Mane & Bobby…good lord that’ll be impressive. Hopefully they will get transfer through,all points to it. The klopp factor. Top players want to come to Liverpool now.

You’d want your head examined not to want to play for Klopp

2 Likes

Monaco and Brazil’s defensive midfielder Fabinho set to be Liverpool’s first signing of the summer for c. £39m

2 Likes

Fekir and Allison to follow.

Fekir I think so.
Naby and Faby in midfield

Allison would be great.

They’re looking at Lascalles at Newcastle for centre half.

WE GO AGAIN

1 Like

Harry Maguire at Leicester would surely be worth a shot?

Done deal

Up yer bollix Emre.

1 Like

Teams who lose the European Cup Final have a pretty poor record of even getting back to the final the next year. Milan in 1994 and Bayern Munich in 2013 are the only two teams to rebound from a final defeat the previous year to win it.

However a lot teams who have lost finals have returned to the same stage two years later, and usually win.

I’m not sure if anybody caught Friday’s announcement, but the 2020 final will be played on May 30, 2020 in the Ataturk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul.

That match will be played between Liverpool and an as yet unknown losing team.

It’s a date.

Oh, and before that, we’ll win the league next year.

3 Likes

Does the fee for the Monaco chap count in the 2017/18 or 2018/19 net spend league?

2018/19 net spend mate as it’s a new transfer window

1 Like

No way!

Liverpool fairly splashing the cash.

Yes. Still have the Coutinho money and their champions league runners up dough.

With Emre going on a free, and no significant sales of other players this summer, it’ll be a reversal on recent net spends from the normally frugal Herr Klopp

Will the 5 million or so they’ll have to give Limerick FC to take Karius off their hands be included in the net spend?

1 Like

The guts of £100m spent on new players already and it’s not even June.

Getting business done early before the world cup starts. Now just a keeper.