Liverpool 2018/2019

Friday night game.

Lovely start to the Christmas break.

This is our year

Could do Utd a favour on friday night by beating Wolves.

2 Likes

Is it true that the Manchester Reds are closer to the bottom points wise than they are to the top? Surely not?

That doesn’t sound right to me but I wouldn’t be able to tell you. You’d be best checking that with a Man U expert fan like @Mullach_Ide, @dodgy_keeper or @anon32894817. @Mullach_Ide could tell you anything you need to know about Man U all the way back to 1938 and probably even before that.

At least they still have their famed academy

1 Like

200w

14 points from relegation. 19 points from top

By god.

It’s easy enough to look at the current table and do the math jeff, one doesn’t have to be an expert fan to deduce that. I can confirm that my general knowledge about Manchester United FC does extend all the way back to the year of their formation, 1878.

Correct mate :sob:

1 Like

I just did a google there and Manchester United are only around since 1902 mate?

Naw mate, they had their centenary celebrations back in 1978.

3794570199_53073c9b50

The internet must be flawed.

Wikipedia certainly is, poor jeff doesn’t realise this.

They are at crossroads mike .

That’s correct. Man U were founded in 1902. You’d want to be wary of historical revisionism. I lived my whole life until a few weeks ago believing the IRFU were founded in 1874. That may still be the case but @artfoley very helpfully alerted us to the fact that it may have been a few years later than 1874 when they were founded. We’re trying to get hold of Edmund Van Esbeck to confirm that one.

2 Likes

interestingly jeff there’s no mention of a man utd in these league tables from 1894. in fact the closest team to Manchester is some crowd called newton heath, but ive never heard of them

manyoo mustn’t have been playing in the league back then

Lies.

A Chinese six year old embroidered on the shirt. It must be true.

1 Like