Liverpool FC 2014/15

Brendan Rodgers has signed a new long term deal.

Happy days.

Jordon ibe scored a hattrick for england u19 yesterday as well

Big season for him- Has been ripping it up at u21s - A season long loan to a championship side would be perfect.

Liverpool have agreed a fee with Southampton for Rickie Lambert. ÂŁ4m plus add-ons that could bring the total outlay to ÂŁ7m.

Didn’t realise he was 32. A decent acquisition anyway - reliable squad player for them.

lifelong red too… not good news for borini tho.

Rickie’s senior career record.

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
1998–2000 Blackpool 3 (0)
2001–2002 Macclesfield Town 44 (8)
2002–2005 Stockport County 98 (18)
2005–2006 Rochdale 64 (28)
2006–2009 Bristol Rovers 128 (51)
2009– Southampton 207 (106)

Bit of a bizarre signing.

Rodgers deemed Carroll a donkey & off loaded him.

Rodgers now deems Lambert a Liverpool type player?

One of only a handful of players to score & assist in 10+ goals last season

Good bit of squad building from Liverpool with Ch League in mind next year , Lambert is solid and if anything is improving with age. He’ll understand his role at Anfield(a lot of which will involve warming the bench, doubt Borini fancies that much) and is a homegrown and 4mill is relative peanuts nowadays

Bit of a journeyman and at 32 you’d imagine his best football would be behind him - I know you can say he’s played his best football in the last two seasons but I think that could be his swansong. Lambert is a slighlty upgraded version of Grant Holt. To continue the analogy with Holt, Lambert has 28 goals in 75 PL games for Southampton in his first two seasons in the EPL, Holt had 23 in 70 EPL games in his first two season in the EPL. Both are quite similar players in their build and the role they carry out although Lambert seems to be much more rounded technically.

I don’t believe you get too many players like Lambert who hit the scene very late in their careers and manage to sustain it for a considerable period of time.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 951990, member: 2533”]
I don’t believe you get too many players like Lambert who hit the scene very late in their careers and manage to sustain it for a considerable period of time.[/QUOTE]

John Aldridge?

Well known GAA pundit Ian wright probably a better example

Aldridge played top level football from the age 27-33. Lambert is now 32 and I think the modern game, particularly the EPL is much more demanding in what it takes out of your body.

Grant Holt is a battering ram. Lambert is actually a talented football with good ability.

:rolleyes:

Grant Holt is a battering ram. Lambert is a slightly more sophisticated battering ram.

No, he’s not.