Liverpool FC 2014/15

[QUOTE=“Manuel Zelaya, post: 1002001, member: 377”]Liverpool are kicking on already this season. Three points against Southampton is a huge win. Lets not forget that Southampton won at Anfield last season.

Compare that to the regression at Old Trafford from last season. Moysie picked up a comfortable 6 points against Swansea as against that pitiful effort yesterday under Van Gaal’s stewardship.[/QUOTE]

cheers for the stats mate

@Rocko and Barti, the forum is already cluttered enough with the ScottishPL and the Championship threads. Could you put all the EPL threads on another part of the board or something? It would be useful for when the NFL starts.

Only saw the highlights but some of the same old problems of last year were apparent- when teams attack with real pace it causes Liverpool all kinds of trouble- tracking runners was another problem last year and their goal yesterday was a prime example of it- Cline laid it off and ghosted in for a lovely finish. From what I saw Southampton played some lovely intelligent football and will cause most teams problems, but Gerrard and Lucas together will not work, i’d nearly opt for Lucas as the holding player at this stage but Stevie does spray the ball around much better… It’s also worth noting that two of the back were are only with the club a few weeks so there is bound to be a few teething problems- it could be three of the four for the City game if Moreno comes in- which in fairness will probably be an upgrade regardless of how he plays as Johnson is dog-shit.

@Il Bomber Destro - can you give a slightly more detailed analysis of the game, mate? Manquillo is said to have looked good?

edit- Also @Il Bomber Destro Did we look better when Allen was introduced for Lucas or when we reverted back to two stikers?

Lazar Markovic to wear number 50 this season.

:oops:

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1003000, member: 24”]Lazar Markovic to wear number 50 this season.

:oops:[/QUOTE]

Sickner for those who had already rushed out and gotten “Brannagan 50” on their new jersey.

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1002346, member: 168”]Only saw the highlights but some of the same old problems of last year were apparent- when teams attack with real pace it causes Liverpool all kinds of trouble- tracking runners was another problem last year and their goal yesterday was a prime example of it- Cline laid it off and ghosted in for a lovely finish. From what I saw Southampton played some lovely intelligent football and will cause most teams problems, but Gerrard and Lucas together will not work, i’d nearly opt for Lucas as the holding player at this stage but Stevie does spray the ball around much better… It’s also worth noting that two of the back were are only with the club a few weeks so there is bound to be a few teething problems- it could be three of the four for the City game if Moreno comes in- which in fairness will probably be an upgrade regardless of how he plays as Johnson is dog-shit.

@Il Bomber Destro - can you give a slightly more detailed analysis of the game, mate? Manquillo is said to have looked good?

edit- Also @Il Bomber Destro Did we look better when Allen was introduced for Lucas or when we reverted back to two stikers?[/QUOTE]

I didn’t see the game in enough detail as I was watching it intermittently in a casual mode. Manquillo is a tidy player, offers on the overlap the whole and has a nice bit of pace and presence about him. He also looks composed in the final third and didn’t shirk his defensive duties either.

Think Liverpool badly need a top class central midfielder.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 1003011, member: 2533”]I didn’t see the game in enough detail as I was watching it intermittently in a casual mode. Manquillo is a tidy player, offers on the overlap the whole and has a nice bit of pace and presence about him. He also looks composed in the final third and didn’t shirk his defensive duties either.

Think Liverpool badly need a top class central midfielder.[/QUOTE]
+1 Lallana will bring more energy but Gerrard is done.

On at least two occassions towards the finish he failed to offer an overlap when it seemed the obvious thing to do. Gerrard was yelling at him at one stage to get forward.
He did look pretty good in general though.

More Balotelli talk today, although both clubs are denying that any formal offers have been made. Huge call by Rodgers if they go for it. Could be brilliant, could be a complete disaster.

I don’t think so. Fee being quoted is around 22 million which given his pedigree is good business. He’s mad of course but we are well used to that. I would much prefer that than some inflated price for someone like Winfred Bony.

He’s a charlatan and bad news.

I really hope Liverpool don’t sign him. He really doesn’t seem like the type of player Rogers would buy.

He’s the most over hyped over rated pile of shite of a player that has come around in a long time…Liverpool just got rid of one loon they would be crazy to sign another

Holy shit I can’t believe I am agreeing with Bomber. I need to lie down now.:frowning:

Mario is on the way… Unless Falcao wants to come …

Brendie will tame Mario and he will go on to become a Liverpool legend.
You heard it here first.

Btw, BBC are reporting that Man Utd are making a bid for former Anfield favourite Xavi Alonso:eek::eek:
Why would Rodgers not go in for Alonso? esp with Gerrard on the wane and Lucas being less than stellar, seems like a perfect fit.

[QUOTE=“Distended Red Anus, post: 1003813, member: 2648”]Brendie will tame Mario and he will go on to become a Liverpool legend.
You heard it here first.

Btw, BBC are reporting that Man Utd are making a bid for former Anfield favourite Xavi Alonso:eek::eek:
Why would Rodgers not go in for Alonso? esp with Gerrard on the wane and Lucas being less than stellar, seems like a perfect fit.[/QUOTE]

Once a Manc, never a red. Don’t do it Xavier.

I broke this story on August 3rd.

Which story?

Surely you mean once a red, never a manc