Liverpool FC 2014/15

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 969507, member: 2272”]Tough one - inevitable that Suarez will leave at some stage - his stock is at its highest now but most teams who cash in on a star player struggle to replace him with similar quality and over pay as clubs know they have the cash

Ultimately you have to trust the owners and the manager to make that call - he is one of the top 3 players in the world so any transfer fee should reflect that and that is what should be achieved.[/QUOTE]
If they let him go for any less than €80m, they are dopes. Everything should be done to keep him but if he wants to go, then fleece the cunts. If David Luiz is worth €50m then Luis is worth €500m.

Throw in delofeu and its a deal

Phil Thompson reckons Sanchez from Barca is a done deal.

That will be some signing.

Can’t see it myself…

Lallana on his way to Liverpool for a medical apparently - €25m

This is a done deal. Thoughts?

Scott Parker is the first thought that comes to my head.
The second thought is English premium.

I was enthusiastic before the World Cup but a little skeptical now, in saying that he didn’t get too much of an opportunity and how players perform for England does not generally reflect how good they can be at club level, ie. Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard.

€25 million is way too much considering the price being touted for players who have shone at the World cup like Sanchez & Shaqiri

Adam Lallana: “United did show interest, but that wasn’t an option I would have considered.”

I like the cut of this fella.
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=rgb(41, 47, 51)][/FONT][/SIZE]

I read somewhere that he was subbed quite a bit last year simply due to the amount of ground he covered in games and was spent by 75/80 mins- It was’nt just the amount of ground but the pace at which he covered it. In that regard not many partnerships will match himself and Henderson - But Lallana also bagged 9 goals and 12 assists, something still missing from Jordan’s game. Lallana does most of his pressing up the field however, which fits into Rodgers’ system (which is a cheap imitation of Barcelona gone wrong) which still leaves us exposed through the middle if Gerrard is to be the holding player. What he does do is keep possession very well and will keep play ticking over with short passing- again, something Jordan did not do at times last year. Lallana was also involved in setting up some 68 chances last year- Something that will help the S.A.S should we keep them.
25m is over paying- 15-17m would have been about right- but management wanted him and have got it done. He’s plucky, can pass and score and will cover a lot of ground. With Emre Can on the way and talks of another midfielder, who is set to miss out??

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 974405, member: 180”]Adam Lallana: “United did show interest, but that wasn’t an option I would have considered.”

I like the cut of this fella.
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=rgb(41, 47, 51)][/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Matt le Tissier Mk 2

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 974480, member: 1796”]I read somewhere that he was subbed quite a bit last year simply due to the amount of ground he covered in games and was spent by 75/80 mins- It was’nt just the amount of ground but the pace at which he covered it. In that regard not many partnerships will match himself and Henderson - But Lallana also bagged 9 goals and 12 assists, something still missing from Jordan’s game. Lallana does most of his pressing up the field however, which fits into Rodgers’ system (which is a cheap imitation of Barcelona gone wrong) which still leaves us exposed through the middle if Gerrard is to be the holding player. What he does do is keep possession very well and will keep play ticking over with short passing- again, something Jordan did not do at times last year. Lallana was also involved in setting up some 68 chances last year- Something that will help the S.A.S should we keep them.
25m is over paying- 15-17m would have been about right- but management wanted him and have got it done. He’s plucky, can pass and score and will cover a lot of ground. With Emre Can on the way and talks of another midfielder, who is set to miss out??[/QUOTE]

He was subbed off 22 times last year-

Position Player Distance (m)
1 Mark Noble 38,0927.0
2 Mile Jedinak 36,4319.9
3 Steve Sidwell 36,1070.8
4 Jordan Henderson 35,9080.0
5 Adam Lallana 35,8094.8
6 Jake Livermore 35,1434.8
7 Steven Caulker 33,8766.2
8 Jay Rodriguez 33,2569.6
9 Tom Huddlestone 33,2352.6
10 Ryan Shawcross 33,0012.1

Lallana made 1811 sprints - Second was Henderson 1725- Third was Coleman 1704.

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 974518, member: 1796”]Position Player Distance (m)
1 Mark Noble 38,0927.0
2 Mile Jedinak 36,4319.9
3 Steve Sidwell 36,1070.8
4 Jordan Henderson 35,9080.0
5 Adam Lallana 35,8094.8
6 Jake Livermore 35,1434.8
7 Steven Caulker 33,8766.2
8 Jay Rodriguez 33,2569.6
9 Tom Huddlestone 33,2352.6
10 Ryan Shawcross 33,0012.1

Lallana made 1811 sprints - Second was Henderson 1725- Third was Coleman 1704.[/QUOTE]

Wasn’t distance covered ruled out as being in anyway a meaningful statistic a good while ago? The list above would lend some credence to that anyway. Also pretty meaningless when its not per game played.

looks expensive at that price. He has ulcerative colitis and had an irregular heart beat earlier in his career. If you want it badly enough you get there I suppose. Wonder how those issues affect a medical?

Fucking thing…

Don’t know if it is a good or a bad thing- Just highlightig that he was subbed 22 times- covered a fair distance and made far more sprints than anyone else— Add it to his 9 goals, 12 assists, 68 chances created and 52% of his challeneges won and a clearer picture emerges. He also has a 85% pass rate. About 16m would be right.

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 974537, member: 1796”]Fucking thing…

Don’t know if it is a good or a bad thing- Just highlightig that he was subbed 22 times- covered a fair distance and made far more sprints than anyone else— Add it to his 9 goals, 12 assists, 68 chances created and 52% of his challeneges won and a clearer picture emerges. He also has a 85% pass rate. About 16m would be right.[/QUOTE]

I liked the look of him last year, but would have preferred if he had managed a second season at the same level or if we could have got him for less.

Yeah- I have reservations myself.

Still, we are going to win the league. Our Year. JFT96. YNWA.

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 974545, member: 1796”]
Still, we are going to win the league. Our Year. JFT96. YNWA.[/QUOTE]

Oh ya obviously.