Liverpool FC 2021/22

Another reward for a top top player. The lads who don’t get it will point to the wage bill. Klopp elevates unpolished diamonds from mid-level clubs like Southampton and AS Roma and turns them into Ballon D’Or nominees, unlike the moneybags franchises buying in ready made superstars. When players have proven themselves in training games of Rondo’s and at the level just below, -the EPL, Klopp will reward them for their output.

Thanks to Mick Edwards’ magic formula the wages are heavily incentivised, so when Klopp decides upon a development season yielding a lowly third place it drops down.

2 Likes

I’m quietly optimistic for the new season. The crowds being back at Anfield can’t be underestimated. A midfielder and rotational option in attack would be a great boost before the season starts however. I’m sure Klopp and Edwards will scrape together funds for an exciting new addition before the window shuts.

1 Like

Looks very much like what meagre funds are available are being allocated to player retention. The likes of Ox and the mercurial Naby Lad will serve as new signings.

Looks to me like they don’t have a pot to piss in

You’ve said what I said above more succinctly.

1 Like

All clubs apart from the moneyed Manchester and London Chelsea franchises are under severe financial pressure. I’d expect a few could go to the wall.

We’re fairly well hipped here in Aston if you don’t mind.

Leon Bailey is a marquee acquisition for the Villa.

We are building slowly but surely.

Have they ever?

Hopefully ye keep Grealish. Be great to see a proper club like Villa make a resurgence.

I hope he sticks it out for another year. I like the way the owners are doing it. Great to have a villa man at helm as well as captain. I wouldn’t begrudge Grealish if he goes though. He is another level to us at the moment.

That ghost goal v Sheffield United was a real sliding doors moment. If Villa had gone down they’d have had a load of high earners to shift. Can properly consolidate now and aim to reach the level of Leicester.

We were dead and buried without covid tbf. I was at the match v Norwich on boxing day and was never more depressed after a Villa win. We were really poor. Anyways onwards and upwards

1 Like

Lovely to see Bournemouth back in transfer rotation

2 Likes

solskjaer :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

We go again lads.

The injuries have started

Alisson signs new contract until 2027. The wage bill goes up!!!

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy wants the club to reduce the wage bill but increase the transfer bill …

1 Like