Liverpool FC 2021/22

The Reds are battling Chelsea for second. Disappointing day with that late Chelsea winner

2 Likes

2 Likes

The little song at the end, class.

A special club :handshake:

7 Likes

Class, I’ve known those lads since they were small boys.
Sean Fitz there is club Chairman now, his dad was a legend of the club, trained ALL of the underage teams for years, little Sean used to come to all the matches when he was a young fella.
He’s an absolutely massive Liverpool fan, it really is a dream come true

1 Like

Scenes from the Rathoath inn after Kanes winner

1 Like

Can someone from.ireland be a massive Liverpool “fan”

1 Like

A special club

Yes

Of course they can, some people take it very very seriously, I’m sure you’ve noticed it.
That chap would probably be over to Liverpool 5 or 6 times a year at least, even before Caomhin played for them. I have a pal who’s an Arsenal season ticket holder, lives in Limerick,

2 Likes

Lolz

A great win yesterday for your lads. Remiss of me not to congratulate yourself and @ChairmanDan .

4 Likes

Fandom transcends national borders mate

I think Liverpool fans hate de oirish coming over for one game a season and pricing them out of tickets

Liverpool is a very impoverished city, so I’d imagine there’d be a lot of local resentment of Footix day trippers coming over and pricing out the local element of the support.

1 Like

The oirish fans don’t go to games so don’t get it. Cheering at the wrong moments, must behead wrecking for the locals

3 Likes

I think you’re right to an extent, to be honest.
I’ve spoken to people from Liverpool of that opinion. I’ve spoken to others from there who would feel that if you want the money to buy and pay top players from around the world, then you need to accept a global fanbase. Sometimes that’s heightened when there’s a local (e.g. Cork) or national (e.g. Egypt) connection to the club.
Globalisation and capitalism have made English (and world) football very different. Sure you’ve Irish lads hopping on flights every second week to watch Glasgow Celtic, facilitated by the neoliberalist agenda that has place more importance on cheap flights than the environment

3 Likes

What a gesture by Sadio. The bonds made in Liverpool mean more. It’s easy to see why the group of players have such a strong mentality to recover from setbacks.

fans from liverpool look down on you
real irish football fans look down on you

you can never be fan like a person from Liverpool can