Liverpool FC 2021/22

The Portuguese Club Championships will be starting soon enough on that viewing.

The billion dollar Man City team only comes unstuck in the challenging terrain that is the Champions League. Pep has built a machine that is unstoppable on the flat track.

Haaland to add into that as well. Hopefully itā€™s similar to 2001/02 when runaway winners from the previous season Man United bought RVN and Veron only to finish 3rd.

Thatā€™s outstanding mate

Or when the seemingly invincible back to back champions Chelsea and Jose mourinho signed shevchenko and ballack in 2006 and were subsequently handed their bottoms by a resurgent MUFC who had been completely written off.

1 Like

Yeah in the summer of 2006 it looked like Chelsea were locked in for a long period of dominance. A few neutrals actually were supporting Man Utd in that title race in 06/07. I had myself convinced that Dirk Kuyt and Craig Bellamy would push Liverpool on to the next level that year.

Reminds me of when I attended the 1999 All-Ireland hurling semi-final between Kilkenny and Clare as a neutral slightly in favour of Kilkenny, because I thought it would be good to see them win for a change.

Be careful what you wish for.

1 Like

Citeh have reeled off 5 wins on the trot since they drew 2-2 with Liverpool, scoring 22 and conceding 2. That was a must win game at Maine Road for Liverpool and they didnā€™t win it. Coach Klopp struggles in those big 6 pointer games.

True - Man City have benefited greatly from being knocked out of Europe and the FA Cup and able to solely concentrate on the domestic league.

City failed to win against the other members of the big 3 - Liverpool and Spurs. They flat track bullied the rest of the dross with the exception of Palace and Southampton.

They beat Real Madrid at home so they showed they can do it against the big boys when it matters.

Itā€™s humbling to see the job klopp has done on his shoestring budget.

Once he acquired a 70 odd million keeper and centre half his team have gone from strength to strength.

Could have bought Kepa and Harry Maguire, couldnā€™t he?

Nahā€¦ wouldnā€™t have had the money to get the 4 of them

3 Likes

About 3 years late with this one

Iā€™d say heā€™d pick them up fairly cheap now

Fucking bastards.

Are they banning inhalers?

1 Like

ā€œIā€™m so glad that Jurgen is a red, Iā€™m so glad he delivered what he saidā€.

6 Likes

Kloppo :clap: