Liverpool Football Club 2013/14

That’s what we’ve all been saying, mate. It’s chelsea’s to lose.

Suarez will destroy them on his own again.

I’m going to back him for a hattrick

I would expect Liverpool to pick up 3 points at Carrow Road but they would want to tread carefully. Any visit to a side in a relegation dog fight this time of the season is fraught with danger. Its also worth noting that Norwich have the 4th best defensive record at home in the league this season conceding just 13 goals. Only Chelsea 9, Arsenal 11, Man City 12 have conceded fewer. Liverpool have conceded 15 goals at home. On the flip side for Liverpool, Norwich have been something of a punch bag in recent seasons for Liverpool, particularly for Suarez and Liverpool did score 5 at Carrow Road in the corresponding fixture last season.

@Manuel Zelaya - You’re the only one that talks sense around here, mate… Just give it to me straight, are WE going to do it ???

I’ve felt from a long way back that Liverpool would win the league and I’m sticking with them. Chelsea are dangerous though and will most likely win their other three games at home to Sunderland & Norwich and away to Cardiff. That means there’ s no room for slip ups from Liverpool. Funnily, I’d be pretty confident Liverpool will get at least a point at home to Chelsea and Newcastle at home last day is a 3 point banker. Its the visits to Carrow Road and Selhurst Park in particular where they really need to be careful.

Valid points and with Henderson and probably Sturridge out the task is made harder.

I’m nearly more uneasy now about the Chelsea game given that we may not have to win it, and because Chelsea will rightly feel that a win at Anfield will likely hand them the title given that City have slipped up. The dynamic has changed - Liverpool are no longer chasing the other teams. Whetever happens, 10 points and the title is ours.

Sunderland could finish Chelsea off on Saturday evening though. I’m hopeful they will.

Agreed.

There’s also that worrying stat whereby Liverpool have conceded at least 2 goals in an awful lot of away games. They’ve by and large had enough firepower to overcome this against moderate opposition like Norwich and Crystal Palace but they were nearly caught out at Fulham for example.

Suarez hasn’t been on top form for a few weeks, Sturridge has a mild hamstring strain and they’ll also miss Henderson’s energy and pressing. That said, different players are stepping up and taking on the slack such as Coutinho and Sterling last week.

As you mentioned also, Liverpool have given Norwich all sorts of kickings in the last two years and Suarez usually beats Ruddy from around 50 yards when they play. A goal or two for Suarez at the weekend could kickstart another decisive run of goals for him over the last run of games.

I couldn’t see anything but a City win last night so speculating on results at this stage of the season can be a fools errand.

The way the games fall it is important to win the next one as winning the next one gets into the heads of Chelsea/City meaning you may not need to win so many after that.

City drawing means they now have no room for error and have to win all their games. That creates a pressure.

Be nice if Sunderland via Borini can do us a favour but for now it is in Liverpool’s own hands and that is a great place to be.

Beat Norwich and beat Chelsea and the title is Liverpool’s I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OiV_5kEt6A

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlbLM7DCMAAaBwe.jpg:large

“I honestly think Liverpool will win the league,” said Clare’s powerhouse half-forward John Conlon this week.

King Kenny called when he got the word
He said “I suppose you’ve heard, about Palace”
So I rushed to the window and I looked outside
And I could hardly believe my eyes
And we watched the league champions as they arrived

Well I’ll tell you why we’re leading
'Cause we’ve scored 100 goals
We’ve waited two dozen seasons
for the title to come home

'Cause for 24 years I’ve been waiting for this game at Palace…Palace
We’ll win the league at Palace

24 years just waitin’ for a chance
We had Benitez from Espana, and Houllier from France

But for 24 years I’ve been waiting for this game at Palace…Palace
We’ll win the league at Palace

@dodgy-keeper and his mates go into meltdown:

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/how-will-you-deal-with-it-when-pool-win-the-league.387581/page-17

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 933835, member: 183”]@dodgy-keeper and his mates go into meltdown:

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/how-will-you-deal-with-it-when-pool-win-the-league.387581/page-17[/QUOTE]

Mate, can you post the relevant links from rawk for the past 23 years.

Rawk is like North Korea. No dissent tolerated. During Transfer season it is particularly brutal as almost every source apart from the echo is banned.

cant wait for this, nerves jangling here,
YNWA

Suarez has scored 11 goals in 5 games against Norwich City.

I predict it’ll be 13 in 6 games after today.

Liverpool will have to be wary of Gary Hooper today.

threw 20 quid on a 4-1 win for us

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 933905, member: 9”]
Liverpool will have to be wary of Gary Hooper today.[/QUOTE]
True, he could easily trip over in the tunnel and fall on top of Coutinho and smother him.