Liverpool Football Club 2013/14

+1 I think I’m depressed

Bookies reckon it’s still all to play for.
5/6 city
6/5 Liverpool

The classless kunts shat the pot. It’s over, Gerrard wrote his Liverpool legacy today. Right up there with Devon Loch

One can but hope. I think man city might yet fuck up.

Ah you guys are awfully mean, so you are.

Its not over yet mate, not by a long shot.

No point in saying that I feel anything other than utterly bereft after that. The day couldn’t have gone any worse, and I’ve been pretty much staring into space since 3:55pm, well before that in truth as the outcome was obvious from early in the second half. I maintain hope, but right now it feels like we lost the title today, and at the moment, I feel like I just want to go outside and have a good cry. The ups and downs of being a Liverpool fan, I guess, but loving Liverpool is like loving a woman - every fault infuriates you but makes you love them more, and whatever happens over the next couple of weeks, good or bad, will only deepen my love of Liverpool Football Club.

Money may win a battle but soul will always win the war.

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 937942, member: 183”]No point in saying that I feel anything other than utterly bereft after that. The day couldn’t have gone any worse, and I’ve been pretty much staring into space since 3:55pm, well before that in truth as the outcome was obvious from early in the second half. I maintain hope, but right now it feels like we lost the title today, and at the moment, I feel like I just want to go outside and have a good cry. The ups and downs of being a Liverpool fan, I guess, but loving Liverpool is like loving a woman - every fault infuriates you but makes you love them more, and whatever happens over the next couple of weeks, good or bad, will only deepen my love of Liverpool Football Club.

Money may win a battle but soul will always win the war.[/QUOTE]

Dry yer eyes ya big puff.

I’ll cry if I want, because it actually means a lot to me, and I don’t mind saying it.

Oh by the way. some interesting rumors going round in the pubs after the Dublin-Derry match about who Ger Brennan was talking about - it makes me think no more or less of the man.

If only the king hadn’t spent nearly £100m on Carroll, Downing, Adam and Henderson.:frowning:

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 937942, member: 183”]No point in saying that I feel anything other than utterly bereft after that. The day couldn’t have gone any worse, and I’ve been pretty much staring into space since 3:55pm, well before that in truth as the outcome was obvious from early in the second half. I maintain hope, but right now it feels like we lost the title today, and at the moment, I feel like I just want to go outside and have a good cry. The ups and downs of being a Liverpool fan, I guess, but loving Liverpool is like loving a woman - every fault infuriates you but makes you love them more, and whatever happens over the next couple of weeks, good or bad, will only deepen my love of Liverpool Football Club.

Money may win a battle but soul will always win the war.[/QUOTE]
ffs

Good luck with your franchise.

Love the profile pic Sid…is that the one where Stevie was roaring on about no slip ups from here on in?

Just asking like!

[QUOTE=“Faldo, post: 937956, member: 1520”]Love the profile pic Sid…is that the one where Stevie was roaring on about no slip ups from here on in?

Just asking like![/QUOTE]
Lot of ball to be played. yet, pal.

@Sidney giving a Tommy Smithesque exhibition of swatting off raiders here. Just lacking in the final bone-breaking crunch.

Carry on Sidney, all to play for yet.

My thoughts on the game:

1. Jose Mourinho is a horrible cunt. Sure he got the result and has an excellent track record but he is despicable. The carry on with the fans at the end summed him up. I was at the Fulham match where the fans were shouting for him to wave and he ignored them all game. Then suddenly in a much more charged atmosphere and bigger match on TV , he makes gestures at them to rile them up more and starts banging the crest. I am sure it was the love of Chelsea that brought him there and nothing to do with the truck load of cash offered to him by Abramhovic in terms of wages and money to spend on players

My thoughts on the game:

1. Jose Mourinho is a horrible cunt. Sure he got the result and has an excellent track record but he is despicable. The carry on with the fans at the end summed him up. I was at the Fulham match where the fans were shouting for him to wave and he ignored them all game. Then suddenly in a much more charged atmosphere and bigger match on TV , he makes gestures at them to rile them up more and starts banging the crest. I am sure it was the love of Chelsea that brought him there and nothing to do with the truck load of cash offered to him by Abramhovic in terms of wages and money to spend on players.

2. Another examples of the cuntishness of him was the clear tactic of delaying the taking of throws, free kicks and pretending to be injuries to slow down Liverpool’s tempo. But what was worse than was Martin Atkinson’s performance who should have thrown out the yellow cards to cut out the cynicalness but inexblicably didn’t.

3. Liverpool’s threadbare squad was really exposed. In the first half they played 4-1-3-1-1 which meant the Suarez and Sterling were the only forwards with Coutinho and Lucas/Allen supporting. Suarez was double marked by Callas and Ivanovic. The only option for changing was to bring on Sturridge who was a mile off the pace. After that it was the likes of Iago Aspas. This is an area where I would worry for in terms of winning their last two matches and believe it or not, I can see it difficult for us to score.

4. Rodgers referred to Chelsea parking two buses. I don’t think that was true. Ba was the outlet all the time and is a handful but they also had Salah and Schurrle breaking forward to support. I think it was more a case that Liverpool had little options in attack. Also why would they park the bus? They had to win. The tactic was clear - use what ever type of showmanship to slow the game up and make it scrappy to knock Liverpool out of their stride and play on the break.

5. Mourinho afterwards referred to the fact that Chelsea deserved to win. If you look at it their two goals came from a slip (why was Gerrard the last man?!!) and a break when all Liverpool’s players had been committed forward. I don’t think they had a chance of note otherwise. Liverpool had better chances while never really threatening hugely either.

6. In terms of Liverpool I though we defended reasonably well - Sakho initially and then Skrtel did well on Ba and Johnson and Flano were decent. Attack wise we were poor although Coutinho probed quite well.

7. I think Man City will win it now.

bump…the toffees are going to win Liverpool the league…:pint::pint:

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 937964, member: 246”]@Sidney giving a Tommy Smithesque exhibition of swatting off raiders here. Just lacking in the final bone-breaking crunch.

Carry on Sidney, all to play for yet.[/QUOTE]
I’m feeling it.

We’re all feeling it.

A very uncomfortable week, hopefully two weeks, to come.