Liverpool Football Club 2013/14

Phil Dowd is loving this

city were never going to let this slip against West Ham.

Title winning sides don’t blow three goal leads.

PLAN B IN CITY OF MANCHESTER OF STADIUM

[ATTACH=full]1246[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 943467, member: 1552”]city were never going to let this slip against West Ham.

Title winning sides don’t blow three goal leads.[/QUOTE]
Who won the fa premier league in 1994 you cliché peddling fool?

Nobody - there was no FA Premier League in 1994.

The premiership then.

Thank you Brendan. Thank you all players. We love you.

+1 a tremendous season, expectations exceeded, the future is bright!

Expectations exceeded certainly but we needed 7 points from our last 3 games to win it and didn’t so that has to be disappointing.

I think we were unlucky to lose to Chelsea but got what we deserved at Crystal Palace.

We overachieved this year given the wafer thin squad we have so hopefully we can address this is in the summer and get some quality in - unlike Aspas, Luis Alberto, 18 million Sakho and the two loanees Cissohko and Moses that Rodgers brought in last summer.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 943627, member: 24”]Expectations exceeded certainly but we needed 7 points from our last 3 games to win it and didn’t so that has to be disappointing.

I think we were unlucky to lose to Chelsea but got what we deserved at Crystal Palace.

We overachieved this year given the wafer thin squad we have so hopefully we can address this is in the summer and get some quality in - unlike Aspas, Luis Alberto, 18 million Sahko and the two loanees Cissohko and Moses that the great Rodgers brought in last summer.[/QUOTE]

The game was up when we lost to Chelsea. The Crystal Palace game while painful to watch but may be beneficial in that it highlighted defensive problems which had previously been papered over by the attacking play.

Brendan Rodger’s Liverpool, we’re on our way to glory, built the team like Shankly did, and gave the kids a story.

So here’s to you Jordan Henderson, Brendan loves you more than you will know, woah oh oh.

I have a Liverpool supporting mate that hates Rodgers. He dislikes him as a person mainly and thinks he’s a spoofer in a Ferrari but also feels his record in the transfer market is terrible as Coutinho and Sturridge deals were put in motion by Kenny.

He choses to ignore the fact that Rodgers got them playing this season and some unbelievable stuff at times.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 943648, member: 24”]I have a Liverpool supporting mate that hates Rodgers. He dislikes him as a person mainly and thinks he’s a spoofer in a Ferrari but also feels his record in the transfer market is terrible as Coutinho and Sturridge deals were put in motion by Kenny.

He choses to ignore the fact that Rodgers got them playing this season and some unbelievable stuff at times.[/QUOTE]
What a gimp.

@ClarkeyCat is some tool

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 943648, member: 24”]I have a Liverpool supporting mate that hates Rodgers. He dislikes him as a person mainly and thinks he’s a spoofer in a Ferrari but also feels his record in the transfer market is terrible as Coutinho and Sturridge deals were put in motion by Kenny.

He choses to ignore the fact that Rodgers got them playing this season and some unbelievable stuff at times.[/QUOTE]

He is a spoofer but he definitely seems to have toned that down a bit the more he has been in the job, he does seem to be a cheesy indulgent clown. His transfer dealings have been pretty poor. He has spent nearly £100m and brought in a multitude of players - Allen, Borini, Sahin, Assaidi, Sturridge, Coutinho, Aspas, Alberto, Sakho, Toure, Illori, Mignolet, Moses and I’m probably missing a few as well. You could really only credit Sturridge and Coutinho as being successes in that list - I don’t rate Mignolet either.

On the plus side, he took over a rabble of a team and transformed into title contenders, played some great football and has really helped nurture the likes of Henderson, Flanagan and Sterling.

I’d give him a 7/10 so far on the job he has done.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 943671, member: 2533”]He is a spoofer but he definitely seems to have toned that down a bit the more he has been in the job, he does seem to be a cheesy indulgent clown. His transfer dealings have been pretty poor. He has spent nearly £100m and brought in a multitude of players - Allen, Borini, Sahin, Assaidi, Sturridge, Coutinho, Aspas, Alberto, Sakho, Toure, Illori, Mignolet, Moses and I’m probably missing a few as well. You could really only credit Sturridge and Coutinho as being successes in that list - I don’t rate Mignolet either.

On the plus side, he took over a rabble of a team and transformed into title contenders, played some great football and has really helped nurture the likes of Henderson, Flanagan and Sterling.

I’d give him a 7/10 so far on the job he has done.[/QUOTE]

As with the killing of Jean Mcconville, nothing is as black and white as that, pal. Without champions league football he lost out on 3 first choice targets since he started, one of those was fucked up at boardroom level. Borini, Alberto, and Ilori were all young players bought with the future in mind and to add a bit of depth- Both Borini and Ilori spent the season on laon (Ilori since Jan) and both have done very well - Both will see a lot of game time next season. Maybe a loan move should have been got for Alberto also but he sits there Aspas as deadwood currently.

Mignolet, Sakho and Toure- Toure was a free transfer and provided great experience at the start of the season- He lost form after christmas but you could still see him talking to the youngsters and it was good to have an experienced head around- One year left but may look to go elsewhere depending on signings. Sakho- Ranged from Sublime to bamby on ice- He is tough, and tho looks clumsy at times with the ball he always finds a neat pass- A tough year but expect him to push on in his second year in the league still only 24- Mignolet- Again, only 26, young for a keeper but he has been disappointing…Not commanding enough and this plays into a shaky defence- Good shot stopper, was immense with Sunderland confident he can refind this form.

Sahin and Moses- Two loan players sough to add depth and a bit of quality- I don’t think anyone could have predicted Sahin’s fall from grace in fairness- Moses a gamble that totally back fired.

Allen, Sturridge, Assaidi and Coutinho- Allen, 24, has been blighted by injury but is a very decent squad player and has done well this season, if he could add finishing to his game he would be a fine player. Assaidi- another cheap gamble as other targets were lost out on and a failure- reports in the Dutch league were good but he never settled but perhaps was never given a fair run either. I don’t have to talk about the last two, the best is yet to come from them.

Over all, he has bought young players, the bulk of them still settling into a new league/country- Ok, some of these have been gambles after other targets were lost out on, but I think a lot of these guys need to be judged next season. Likewise, with CL money, and the new TV money this year, you’d imagine Rodgers will be given a bit of cash, he will also be really judged on what he does this summer- but if the calibre of player he has sought in the last few windows are anything to go by-Mkhitaryan, Salah etc I think we will be ok.

Looks like Lucas is off— @farmerinthecity will be in tears.